fuel cell install

rpk

May 18, 2008
Belle River, Ont
I'm thinking of putting a fuel cell into my '90 coupe. It will be street driven 98% of the time. Looking at a min. of 15 gal. Will modify the trunk floor for a nice clean appearance. Can you guys give me any tips for installing one,I've never put one in. Pics would be a big bonus and help. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

not an actual need,just something different.This being a 20 year old Ontario Canada car, there are a few rust holes in the trunk area. For some reason they like to rust out in the filler neck area. Some of the spare tire well is showing some holes. I thought as long as I'm making up new sheet metal I would reshape the trunk floor for:
A. a fuel cell and battery box
B. keep stock tank and make compartments for some stereo equipment
C. ?
car has no real value,1 of a gazillion 4cyl. Swapping in either a 408 or a BB. Just needed some pointers to help me make up my mind,before I start the new sheet metal work.

only suggestion would be to get the demensions of the cell and of the battery box to make sure you can fit it all in the hatch (im sure you can but id imagine a 15gallon cell would be fairly large)