Fuel Cell Pictures?

I'm going to need to either have my stock tank cut open and have baffles welded in, or go with a fuel cell.

I was wondering what you guys have installed in terms of a fuel cell? I have an aluminum Taylor battery box mounted in the trunk already. This car will see a lot of track and street time, so at least a 10 gallon tank would be nice.

Can I see pictures of other's fuel cells please?

• Sponsors (?)

I will post some pictures of my set up soon. I have a 15 gallon stock car fuel cell that I sunk into the floor. I basically cut the spare tire well out and replaced it with half a steel box. On the top side I built a sheetmetal box to go around the top half of the cell. Space is really limited! I used a small odyssey dry cell battery. (really happy with the battery). If you want to see a sweet set up check out "little eleanor". If I were to do it again, I would do it this way! Very effective use of the limited space! I probably have just as much money in my fuel cell set-up and this dudes looks much nicer! (I have the same roll bar and nitrous kit as him also.)

http://mustangii.org/gallery/SteveColeman/jsmp_lil_lnr_014.jpg

I will post some pictures of my set up soon. I have a 15 gallon stock car fuel cell that I sunk into the floor. I basically cut the spare tire well out and replaced it with half a steel box. On the top side I built a sheetmetal box to go around the top half of the cell. Space is really limited! I used a small odyssey dry cell battery. (really happy with the battery). If you want to see a sweet set up check out "little eleanor". If I were to do it again, I would do it this way! Very effective use of the limited space! I probably have just as much money in my fuel cell set-up and this dudes looks much nicer! (I have the same roll bar and nitrous kit as him also.)

http://mustangii.org/gallery/SteveColeman/jsmp_lil_lnr_014.jpg

You mention having the same roll cage. Is yours installed the same as little elenor? I am wondering what the rear portion ( @ the rear hatch area)is mounted to. It seems as though it is too wide ,and far back, to be mounted to the frame rails. I have a 12 gallon foam filled cell in mine that I will post a pic of soon. I am working on the compartment divider right now.

Took a good look at the photo and it looks like his two rear bars have a curve in them where they mount to the floor. In my car the two rear down bars have no curve. The tubes in my II are welded to thick metal floor plates directly over the rear shackle mount/bumper bracket. He likely did it that way for space. My passenger rear down bar is close to the top of my fuel cell. My roll bar was a comp
engineering kit. The main hoop was the only formed part. The rest was a box of un-cut tubes. :D They don't even sell it that way any more. You buy the main hoop and the box of tubes is called "a strut kit" The strut kit has the same part # from 57 chevy all the way to Dodge Neon :rlaugh: