fuel filter on 98?

• Sponsors (?)

Right in front of your gas tank. Crawl underneathe the back, and look up. You'll see a cute round thing that almost looks like a pop can. Break out your manual and follow the steps.

I was going to change mine myself, but I sissied out and paid the shop to do it when they changed my oil.

70stangcoupe said:
Right in front of your gas tank. Crawl underneathe the back, and look up. You'll see a cute round thing that almost looks like a pop can. Break out your manual and follow the steps.

I was going to change mine myself, but I sissied out and paid the shop to do it when they changed my oil.

thanks i really appreciate it.

Do not pay to get it changed, it is the easiest thing to do and it only take about 10 mins if you have the quick disconnect tool ( If you don't, get one, if make life so much easier )

The tools come in sets for different sizes; they are called A/C and fuel line disconnect sets. The consist of plastic rings that you slip over the line and slide into the end of the fuel filter, releasing a spring lock on the inside.

Jon

It isn't necessary to bleed the fuel pressure. I have never needed to, and I have done several. You can, if you wish, bleed off pressure through your shraeder valve on your fuel rail next to your manifold.

Jon

StangJonGT said:
It isn't necessary to bleed the fuel pressure. I have never needed to, and I have done several. You can, if you wish, bleed off pressure through your shraeder valve on your fuel rail next to your manifold.

Jon

yeah it's no big deal, the fuel that comes out is very minimal. imo, not enough to go to the trouble of bleeding the shraeder valve :nice: