Fuel Injector and Pressure question...

90mustangGT

I felt sorry for girls because
Founding Member
Jan 15, 2002
Dallas, GA
I just bought a 255lph fuel pump, #24 injectors, and have a Kirban AFPR I am installing. I bought the injectors and FP used. On the injectors, it was missing a few caps at the nossel end of the injector. The guy had put his original #19 caps on there, but are missing a few, and my #19's caps are different from his, mine are black and his are orange, and the shape is different.

Once I install these, should I just set the pressure to stock until I get it on the dyno??? Where can I get new caps for the injectors and are they all the same?

• Sponsors (?)

hey dude borg warner makes a injector repair kit w/ o-rings and pintle caps for like $2.49 each (1 box = 1 injector). The part number is Borg Warner 274081 for fox stangs. I will warn you, those damn caps are hard to get off! I replaced about 3 of mine w/ new ones and then I just started pulling the o-rings of w/o taking those caps off, but it kinda sounded like you're just gonna put one on, so it's not too bad, just don't beat it down very hard on anything, i broke 3 new caps :nonono:

Thanks, more good info, thanks a bunch, I'll be at the autoparts store knocking on thier door in the morning. :nice: The caps are a PITA to get off, mine just started breaking.

NAPA is the best...

I finally got them. A few cracked doing the install, but it didn't distort the nosels, and every thing is in the car, I am so glad. But did I have an mission getting them:

Advanced Auto Parts: They didn't have a listing for the o-rings with the caps. Guess it is time for the dealer.

Ford Dealer: They wanted $12 just for an O-ring kit, I needed 2 kits to do both sides, which weren't even is stock, and I wasn't about to find out what the caps cost. Back to the parts house.

Pep Boys: Well, they had them, but only 3 in stock so they tell me they will have the rest the next morning. I come back in the afternoon and they still arn't there. That evening I come back after work and they still don't have them so I go to thier other store in rush hour traffic and they had them. Too bad one of the boxes was empty. So now I am one short.

Autozone: What a joke. The first thing the idiot did when I gave him the Borg-wargner number was stare at me. I said "I take it you don't stock BW" Well, he defiantly said "no, we don't" I ask what he had as a equivilent. He said he didn't know, went on the computer and showed a part number but he didn't feel like checking. He wanted to argue with me what a seal kit was. Here he is a 40-50 year old man working a counter usually held by people half his age, and it shows why. He had the worse attitude. I snapped, I said "If I had your profesonalisim, I wouldn't last a day at my job, learn how to do your job, I mean at least the basics" I just walked out.

NAPA: Finally, what a difference, I walk in and give them the BW number and he said "We don't stock BW but let me cross reference it" and a minute later he came back with what I needed, I almost hugged the guy.

I work in a shop but getting personall parts is like pulling teeth, but I would have almost given a tooth not to go throught this.