Functional Ram Air kit

• Sponsors (?)

the ram air kit is technically better than a fenderwell kit because it pushes air into the engine. im pretty sure it will fit with a kenne belle supercharger because they have the same stock location of the air filter

I'm not 100% sure, but judging by the attached photo's from Banshee's Ram Air Hood Website.....I'd have to say No. There just doesn't appear to be enough room between the distributor and the outer lip of the Ram Air intake to accomodate the long snout of the Kenne Bell Whipple Charger. I could be wrong...but that's my opinion based on the photo's. Go to the 5.0 Ram Jet section of the website for fox body pictures.

http://www.bansheeperformance.com/Banshee Performance.htm

fenderwell or ram air will work better than a normal engine bay setup because its taking air that isnt as hot and puttin it in the engine...but than you said you have s/c and that is jacking up the air intake temps right there. you should think about getting an intercooler if you really want to cool things down

hemi_fan said:
That looks pretty cool on a 5.0 I wondered if you could get something like that... Too bad you can only use it with a stock Intake, otherwise id probably look at getting one.

Is that true?? If so, that sux, I was wanting to get the Stormin Normin hood with the ram air kit, but if I am limited to the stock intake forget it. Unless there is a good aftermarket intake I can use that is the same height as stock.

The kit he was talking about its the banshee ram air shaker hood. You can use any intake with the cervini's ram air. Here's a pic to give you an idea of how it works.

site1002.JPG

You can only use superchargers that use the stock airbox location, prochargers and vortechs won't work with it. As far as I know, the Kenne bell is the only one that works with the stock airbox.

hemi_fan said:
Too bad you can only use it with a stock Intake, otherwise id probably look at getting one.

Yeah, don't worry about not being able to use that hood with aftermarket intakes. Mine clears with no problems. Maybe call Cervini's about the supercharger fit though? :nice: