Funniest Camaro Moment EVER!! Must Read!!

I was coming home from NJ, where I travel daily with my car. Anyways, what i'm about to tell you is absolutly the truth, in it's entirety, lol, you'll find it hard to beleive.

I basically travel all highway about 40 miles to this town, where I do some work in mornings, and so this is how it started. Where I go, is like just barely over the state line, into NJ from PA, so there's a toll bridge. I go to work, normal day, and get off around 11am, just about 2 and 1/2 hours ago. There's a 4 lane, two way road, leading to an on ramp for the route I take home. It has a few lights, and is basically all downhill, and so...I get ppl bothering me all the time, harrassing, ya know, burnouts, trying to race, etc etc. Well today was the most.....what's the best word...I dunno just satisfying "street racing" day of my life ( I dont condone street racing) I think. So i'm tired, just finished working, driving down this road, two lanes going each way, and there's a black SS camaro behind me, tailgating, and revving his engine really hard, we we're going like 45 and I could hear it as if I were standing outside his car heh. Anyways, after about 5 miles of trying to get me to race him, like, getting next to me, yelling, "what you got kid" he yells, and a passenger, "you just afraid", now this entire time, they're staying beside me for the most part, and slowing the fast lane down, I was in the right lane doing the speed limit, cause the cops are very rough down there. Anyways, finally we get to this light at a huge intersection. It's a very long light, about 2 minutes, might not seem long, but waiting in a car it is... The passenger was a punk lookin' type....I dunno i'd picture him in a honda. Driver was a fatass LOL

I guess it's safe to say this would have been the perfect place to race, but there's ped crossing and everything, plus I dont like street racing, for alot of reasons. Anyways here's what's funny. I can hear a knock coming from this guys engine, even over my radio, was turned down low but still....and so, I say, "sounds like you might need somemore work", he looks at me dumbfounded, and replies" What?? So you wanna race, dont punk out man, what's up?" So this guy was really trying to get me to race. I replied, "Ok, when you fix your car, cause to be honest it sounds like ****, go to englishtown and maybe we'll line up one day, I'm not racing here, there's F'ing cops everywhere". The knock from his engine was pretty bad, sounded like a bearing, when he revved it, it sounded like someome banging a hammer on something very heavy, steel. It was bad...

The light turned green, I pull out nice and easy, ride the clutch a little, just to stay next to him for a moment, then I just got off it, went into second and was easy on it, he gunned it tho, redlined first, lotsa smoke out the exhaust, hit second pretty hard, rear end came out a little, and maybe 1 second into second gear, (now i'm about 12-14 cars behind, nobody else between us) I hear a loud ass boom, and smoke was EVERYWHERE coming out of the camaro, as I passed him I pressed the clutch, to hear if it was like, running or anything heh, and nothing. But as I pulled up to his car after the bang and smoke, I saw huge amounts of oil pouring onto the pavement, as he was still rolling a few mph. He sent something right through the side of the block, and it just so happens there was a freakin cop hidden off to the left, in the medien. As I passed the driver was looking like, downward toward the guage cluster, and the passenger looked right over at me, and the look on his face was priceless.

The cop must have seen the entire thing, his raging burnout, and then banging second and spinning some more, then the explosion LOL.

I really hope the cop got him for reckless driving, but I do know they're extremely hard on ppl for that type of $h it, so, he probably got it good, plus, he's minus a motor, and whatever else me may have damaged.

Funniest thing i've ever experienced in a car driving, and I just absolutly had to share with you guys....damn I wish I had my cam on me, would be the $hi T!!!!!! Sry for long post, I just wanted to get this all out before I start forgetting the event, I have a terrible memory. Btw it was a very nice car, it was a newer model, atleast a '00, true SS, looked like it had full suspension on it, upgraded brakes, very nice wheels, and probably some motor work. It really seemed like the kinda situation where someone builds and then has to sell for whatever reason, and this guy bought someone elses project, he was very reckless leeding up to his incident.

:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

Ahahahaah! Classic idiots not knowing how to drive their cars. Gotta love it. Good job resisting the urge! That cop woulda SPANKED you (because you woulda been romping him ;))!

Funny story... I agree with what was said above.. this was probably someone else's project who sold it because they knew something was wrong. Then this douche came along bought it and beat it to hell, finally killing it.

:rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: Man, good story LOL.

And wow, glad you didnt race him :eek:
A. You would have probably been owned (for atleast a few seconds haha)
B. the cop would have taken you to jail LOL.

Awsome will powa...I would have done the same thing given the situation. I always wait until noones around :nice:

hotmustang331 said:
:rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: Man, good story LOL.

And wow, glad you didnt race him :eek:
A. You would have probably been owned (for atleast a few seconds haha)
B. the cop would have taken you to jail LOL.

Awsome will powa...I would have done the same thing given the situation. I always wait until noones around :nice:

I doubt he would have owned me, it really sounded like it had exhaust, but most of what I heard was behind me, so it was hard to tell. It was loud, but could have just been something cheap like glas packs or whatever, the guy did'nt seem like the type that knew what he was doing in that kind of car.

Anyways I keep up with LS1's no problem, dunno why. When my Capri RS (245rwhp) was mostly stock it got beat by a few...Some stangs are fast, some arent, I dunno...of the 4 5.0's I had, only two ran really good, the capri and my '87 GT, but I used to hate getting beat by the camaro's, even on perfect runs they'd still out me a few cars, but truthfully, i've been in so many, and some run good, and some are just dogs, I dont get it....But my car runs extremely well, pulls really hard all the time. I'm good at launching too so a typical camaro owner ima pull a few cars off the line anyways. Not to sound egotystical, just had alot of practice.

Anyways, the first 25 feet or so I was right next to him, given he was burning out (defonant noob hehe) I was'nt even trying very hard, at all, just pulled out kinda hard that's it, ya know like kinda rippin' on the clutch a bit heh.

Regardless so funny. At my local airport there's a really quick one, but my buddy with the '04 cobra (pulley/exhaust/great tune, blew it away. It got me, the SS, by about 4 cars. Once I get some real engine work done they should'nt be a problem. Regular Z28's, I usually keep up with, with no trouble, and the older one's well, have never lost to one, but have never raced a well built one either, like FI or a good top end etc etc. But for now, whatever I cant run down, I just send over to my friend, and he's more than happy to race'em. :)

P.S. [Off Topic] I have a question for the smart guys around here. I just finished off my exhaust, I've had the magnaflow magnapac cat-back (the cylinder shaped muffler one's) for a few months, was happy but wanted to feel a real difference in power. I bought a BBK O/R X-pipe, and...omg, it's almost too loud, louder than I wanted or expected it to be, however, it's performance gains seem unreal. After 4000 rpm the car pulls like 30%-50% better, seriously, it's so awesome.....I dont see how, from just a pipe, also it sounds unbeleivably badass at those rpm also.
Another werd thing since the install, when i'm running my AC, usually it's annoying, how much power it robs, especially pulling out on hills, or being at like 1500rpm on an on ramp and trying to speed up to get on, without ac it's quick and no prob, but with it, like half the acceleration. To the point, it seems as tho there's like no affect on the car at all, only just barely, now, with the pipe on. The biggest difference is pulling out from a stop, especially on a hill, it's effortless. It used to be I had to be a bit agressive with the car, by no means hard on it, it has plenty of power, but the difference with the new pipe is unreal. Has anyone else seen this much improvement from just an O/R X-pipe and the MIL Eliminators?

A pic of me and my friends sick Cobra
View attachment 450385
Sterling-My_Stangs-2.jpg

Attachments

• Sterling-My_Stangs-2.jpg
    Sterling-My_Stangs-2.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 92