Electrical Fuse #9 Keeps Popping

StonedGreen

Jan 21, 2017
Hey guys, My 95 gt has developed a problem after i installed an aluminum clutch quadrant and adjustable clutch cable. The fuse for the brake lights and the flashers keeps popping. I changed the laser relay and the brake switch and i still have the problem. I brought it to my mechanic and he can't figure it out either. It pops randomly and i've changed it up to 3 times in one day. I need to figure this out because it's seriously bothering me.

thanks again
PS. all wires seem fine and not chafed. Will re-look if need be.

• Sponsors (?)

Short circuit? I mean thats the obvious answer. I once had a problem with my brake light fuse would go out any time i would shift (automatic)
I popped open console and turned out there was an exposed wire that would touch the shifter ever so often. Since i only would notice at night with lights on the problem went unnoticed for awhile

Reactions: 1 user
Assuming thsi was not a problem prior to the under dash work you did - I'd say it's a high probability that you have a pinched or chaffed wire there somehow...... look where the brake and or clutch arms travel and see if anything could be rubbing along that path. Not all mechanics are necessarily good at electrical.... not all electricians are good mechanics.....