Fuse keeps blowing

SFC.Kill

Jan 26, 2009
Parker Ford, PA
My lighter fuse keeps blowing as soon as I put it in the socket. The wiring diagram in the haynes manual does not show the lighter. What color wire is it I'm I looking for. The fuse box is located under the hood, driver side, on top of wheel well, 25 amp. Now that I have the PI Swap done I can address some of the smaller issues.

• Sponsors (?)

If the fuse continues to blow, then there is a short. It might be wiring, it may be something else. I actually had a dime somehow get stuck in the bottom of my lighter/power port and it took me two weeks to figure it out.

There is a second fuse panel under the dash on the left just to the side of the hood release. There may be other blown fuses that you don't know about yet.

As for the Haynes/Chilton/any other aftermarket self fix guide....they are all junk, completely full of either partially incorrect data, or just flat out wrong in a frightening number of instances. Try to pick up a ford shop manual for your car and you will be much better off. If I can be any more help let me know.

Cigarette lighter wire and fuses!

My lighter fuse keeps blowing as soon as I put it in the socket. The wiring diagram in the haynes manual does not show the lighter. What color wire is it I'm I looking for. The fuse box is located under the hood, driver side, on top of wheel well, 25 amp. Now that I have the PI Swap done I can address some of the smaller issues.

These diagrams are for a 1998 GT Mustang power dist center. This is actually one diagram that I had to split in half to post. Note the red circles that I placed on both diagrams. They are there to identify the same wire that runs from the fuse source at the top, down to the cigarette lighter at the bottom. Be sure to click on the bars at the top of each picture to make them larger. Hope this helps, Tommy.

1998GTMustangPowerDistDiagram-1with.jpg

1998GTMustangPowerDistDiagram-2with.jpg