GALLOP AROUND THE BAY---40+ so far--Yeah!, SF, CA Saturday, May 14th '05

• Sponsors (?)

I'll probably putting in a follow-up order and doing some shipping after the cruise.

Probably around $15 with shipping. I'll find out tomorrow and let everyone know. I do have 17 larges and 20 X-L's on a first come (to the cruise) first serve basis.

GALLOP AROUND THE BAY
May 14th, 2005

I had a blast. I hope everyone that came had as much fun as I did. I’ve never been to any type of car show, not to mention put on an event such as this, I believe it was a great success, thanks to all who participated.

I showed up to Berkeley a little late (first day opening of Marine World). When I came around the corner to turn on to 67th street, I was blown away. There were already about 25 mustangs all in a row, and it wasn’t even noon yet.

After I got the banner all set up and the t-shirts pulled out of the trunk I walked down to see everyone else’s mustangs. There were a lot of ‘05’s. One beautiful 64 and an awesome 71 Mach 1. And many, many more.

Before we got going I counted 37 mustangs.

Yes, the take off was a little rough. Lesson learned for next time.

As we got onto 80 Rick & Lauren (red ‘04 cobra) called to say they were by the Coliseum and agreed to meet the herd at the toll plaza. After a little mix up with which direction to go on to 80 everyone finally started heading south on 101. Another note in the “next time” column.

We decided to stop before getting to the Dumbarton Bridge to give everyone a chance to bunch back up. An awesome (but dangerous) chance for a photo-op, With 17 ‘Stangs filling the roadside between lights.

Who knew there were two exits for the bridge? :D

I want to go on record that I only sped up on the Dumbarton Bridge to get around the slow moving Toyota. Kind of scary doing 80+ with 3 ‘stangs abreast and having a Cobra pass us as if we were sitting at the previous stoplight. But finally letting the ponies run was great. At which time it became a serious “Gallop Across the Bay”.

I was very impressed by the unspoken etiquette that seemed to be instinct throughout the herd. I was told once that if you blow it, you won’t be invited back. It was great to see a group this big manage to obey most of the traffic laws.

The gathering at the In-N-Out in Union City was fun. Thanks Jim (05 red fire GT) for pointing out such a great spot. What was it 3 or 4, rogue mustangs that caught wind of the herd and stopped to see what was going on?

Thank you everyone for coming especially those that had quite a drive just to get to Berkeley. The Mendozas from Elk Grove ( 05 red fire GT. ((05 GLPR)), the Beltramis from Ukiah (05 silver satin) and Ernie from Modesto (05 WV/B).

So, how does May 13th, 2006 look on everyone’s calendar for Gallop Around the Bay II?

Deryn Fredette
Derynf
05 FSTBK

definately a blast. it was also a great learning experience, so next year will be that much greater. Don't be shy! keep posting your pics!

heres the one pic i took on my picture phone :( so the quality is pretty crappy. i would have put it on msn, but I dont have a membership.

View attachment 514534

I dont know if this guy is on stangnet, but he says hes got a shop in roseville, and it sounds real sick, its called throttle stop