GAs going up again anyone glad to own a bike?

• Sponsors (?)

You had better believe it! I havent ridden mine much though.. I only work 5 miles from home, and I got my next door neighbor a job where I work, so we both take turns driving each week, he drives one, I drive the next, so its not a big deal. I also make very good money so gas prices arent putting a pinch on the wallet. He has a bike to so somtimes we ride in together if the weather is going to be nice.. But yes I am glad that I do have it since gas prices are going to keep going up because of the fiasco in Alaska. They are saying oil will be going up another $10-15 a barrel which will push prices over 4.00 a gallon.. Sucks the big one if you ask me..

RsStanG1987 said:
discuss...

For discussion sake, I'll take the other side. I sold my bike in May because I knew several people that got pretty messed up. Along with that, I had a couple close calls, and just lost my nerve. I get nervous in my car with some of the non-drivers out there, but at least there's something between me and them. I'm glad you guys can still enjoy your bikes, but the burger eating, cell phone talking incompetent bastards out there comepletely ruined it for me. There is no amount of money saved on gas that would have payed for my legs or spine or what ever else... the next bike I buy will only see the track. Be careful guys.

T1 3VOM said:
For discussion sake, I'll take the other side. I sold my bike in May because I knew several people that got pretty messed up. Along with that, I had a couple close calls, and just lost my nerve. I get nervous in my car with some of the non-drivers out there, but at least there's something between me and them. I'm glad you guys can still enjoy your bikes, but the burger eating, cell phone talking incompetent bastards out there comepletely ruined it for me. There is no amount of money saved on gas that would have payed for my legs or spine or what ever else... the next bike I buy will only see the track. Be careful guys.

Good point, that is how I feel on the subject.

I own a mountain bike:D.
As for getting a motorcycle...no way,too dangerous and too many idiot drivers out there.

I`ll take my chances in a car,at least theres some protection.On a motorcycle theres none.

Not many fans of bikes out there so it seems. I think that in anything you do you take greater risks than you may realize.

I would not buy a bike for a daily commuter, but I do have one for recreation.

I do agree to way to many a**holes on the road and just around in general. I barely take my notch out as it is.