gas light

• Sponsors (?)

Couple of notes here. The tank does hold 15 gallons or so.

My 89 LX will go over 300 miles per tank in city driving.

It will also run out of gas.

79's for sure, and probably 80 cars have smaller tanks, like 13 gal. My 79 5.0 Capri goes about 175 miles per tank, in city driving. If you don't fill it then, you stand a good chance of walking.

I just filled up from E and it took 13.4 gallons. I pushed it as far as I was comfy with and the odo read 270. I might could have squeezed 300 from it, but I really didnt like the idea of having to walk. It was 95 degrees here today. :(

Yup, I know where Sarasota is, I just never heard of Nokomis. It's probably like St. Cloud. We're just outside of Orlando and sometimes it's just easier to tell folks we're from Orlando than it is to 'splain where St. Cloud is. :D :D

Welcome to Stangnet by the way!

um....i dont get 40 mpg
i get 36 mpg

so that equals 545 miles per 15 gallon tank

i have a 15 gallon tank, i have ran my car out of gas many times, my gas gauge doesnt work either, and sometimes i just forget to read my odometer. but anyways when i have pulled into a station with it stuttering, i filled it up to the brim and put 15.3 gallons in before.

for my mods, i have a pvc cold air intake, 3" pipe, 7" K&N filter in the fenderwell, a JET performance chip that i bought on ebay, Ranger exhaust manifold that i ported myself, deleted pre-cat, and an 04 v6 mustang muffler. and i keep my car running well with frequent oil changes, and i always check my plugs once a month.

my car is alot quicker than stock, for sure, i raced a 93 2.3 with a t-5 and NO POWER accesories, and i put about 4 lenghts on him EASY, and i have a slipping a4ld, and full power with 3 10" subs, and full interior, and tool boxes. I outweigh his car by about 500 lbs, and put that many lengths on him so i have definatly added alotta power versus stock, and also alotta gas mileage.

Yeah, the 40 mpg was based off my incorrect assumption of a 13.5 gallon tank. I have no idea where I got that, but I distinctly remember it saying that somewhere, though everything I've looked up recently says 15 gallon.

So my bad.

I don't have a working speedo, but I can say this, I have driven an estimated 20 miles with my needle buried in the E zone. They'll usually give a good sputter a few minutes before your all the way out. By contrast, the GT I had for a while stopped dead the second the needle touched the red mark. I would imagine they're is a variation of inacuraccy between most years and even just different cars, due to crappy design of the fuel hand system on fords part. My taurus floats something aweful in the quarter tank range. Go fig.