GAS PRICES!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

wytstang said:
:lol: I would but they have guns :( not only that I have torn cartilage(sp?) in my knee so I cant even get away :notnice: btw I don't really steal gas I work to hard for what I have I wouldn't want some one doing it to me.

LOL, Yeah I figured, it was entertaining though, thanks, needed it at the end of a day on a Monday!, BTW all of us here dig the signature :nice:
Besides, we now both have some extra posts!!!
Jason

super302 said:
mad_max,0.jpg

:hail2: :hail2:

Attachments

• mad_max,0.jpg
    mad_max,0.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 51
Canada is brutal....if someone can do the math...apparently in Kingston, it's a dollar per litre. Please, someone do the math....I think we might be worse than southern cali.

Edit: Also, for anyone's information. Wytstang DOES steal gas. He steals and lies and knocks over little old ladies and takes their groceries...he's horrible....horrible! I seen him throwing live dogs onto the freeway last week... :fuss:

Sorry buddy, couldn't resist.... :nice:

xr8d302 said:
Edit: Also, for anyone's information. Wytstang DOES steal gas. He steals and lies and knocks over little old ladies and takes their groceries...he's horrible....horrible! I seen him throwing live dogs onto the freeway last week... :fuss:

Sorry buddy, couldn't resist.... :nice:
You forgot stealing candy from toddlers hehehe

jason@ARF said:
LOL, Yeah I figured, it was entertaining though, thanks, needed it at the end of a day on a Monday!, BTW all of us here dig the signature
Besides, we now both have some extra posts!!!
Jason
Thanks it's the best recipe I have found on the net :nice:

95Vert said:
All I gotta say is, GAS PRICES SUCK, but I still love stomping on my car, even though I think about it about 5 times before I do so.

95vert,

I decided to do a test to see how much gas I could save if I refrained from getting on the throttle hard in my usual fashion.

I commute 25 miles round trip with my car M - F each week. It's back roads all the way, so it affords me the chance to do some "spirited" driving.

Last tank of gas, I drove much more conservatively than usual. No hard starts, carving corners, full throtle acceleration runs, etc. Bottom line... it netted me 1 MPG more than my usual driving habits do. I usually get 18 MPG commuting. My conservative driving tank full only netted me 19 MPG.

There's a lesson here... I'm just not sure what it is?!!?

MLC Stang said:
The math:

1 Liter = .2641 Gallons

thus, 1 gallon = 3.79 liters

If you are paying $1.00/liter in Canada, that's $3.79/gallon!

Ouch!!!
You forgot the conversion from the Canadian dollar to the American dollar. As of today, the conversion is $1.00US = $0.81CAN. So, the prices are $3.07/gal. Still higher, but not as bad.

I used to get beat up in high school for pointing these things out... :chair: *hides*

MLC Stang said:
95vert,

I decided to do a test to see how much gas I could save if I refrained from getting on the throttle hard in my usual fashion.

I commute 25 miles round trip with my car M - F each week. It's back roads all the way, so it affords me the chance to do some "spirited" driving.

Last tank of gas, I drove much more conservatively than usual. No hard starts, carving corners, full throtle acceleration runs, etc. Bottom line... it netted me 1 MPG more than my usual driving habits do. I usually get 18 MPG commuting. My conservative driving tank full only netted me 19 MPG.

There's a lesson here... I'm just not sure what it is?!!?

It seems like that the same way with me. I drive 200+ miles every week, with 100% in the city driving, stop and go. I get get around 200 miles on a tank, and when i do the math, i usually get 15-17 MPG. Usually its the same whether getting on it, or driving conservativly.

The only difference i ever see when driving, is when i take a trip, and get some highway miles in, my gas milage goes up considerably. As long as i can afford gas, i'll keep stomping on it at stop lights :D

Status
Not open for further replies.