Gear regrets?

• Sponsors (?)

4.10's daily driven and i still get 19.5 mpg 50/50 city/highway. used to get 21 from the same type of driving from the stock 2.73's.

there are a couple reasons why we get good mileage even though running a steep gear, 1.) overdrive.
and the other 2.) we are computer driven, when not under load on the highway the car stays a nice and effiecient 14.7 a/f ratio. which you just can't do with a carb or early EFI

I have no regrets about getting the 3.73's. I occasionally wonder about the increased pull I would feel if I got the 4.10's, but then I am quick to remind myself that I now shift into 5th gear at 115, instead of 140 with the 3.27's. With the 4.10's its closer to 105 I believe. IMO you go into 5th and the ride is about over. Too bad I dont have a spare 2000+ dollars tucked away under the mattress for a T-56.

*Disclaimer* Of course this was all done on a closed race track.

Edit - I want to add, after re-reading your post. I cant speak personally for auto, but from what I have read, and read over and over again is to go at least 4.10 for automatic tranny's. Not sure how it would affect the top speed of your auto :shrug:

i was scared as hell before i put 4:10's in my 02 gt auto. but i love them now. my gas only decreased about 10 miles to a tank. they dropped .6 off of my 1/4 mile and i know i can do even better. my friend has 3.73's in his 03 auto and it didn't improve his car hardly at all. i'm glad i didn't get those. i recently got a diablochip burned for the gears and firmer shifts and now i can chirp 3rd gear. DON'T FEAR THE GEAR

Love em, car pulls way better and is much quicker getting up to speed. Could have went 4:30's, but its only about a .1 difference in the 1/4. Get some good tires out back and I could see at least .5 quicker in the 1/4.

410's with winter driving?

Okay, so here is the deal, I am like 98% sure I want 410's in my 98 auto, but I am scared about one thing. My stang is my daily driver, and since I live in michigan, it sees a lot of snow. How will the 410's affect my winter traction? If I just take it easy on the gas pedal will I be okay to gain traction off of a stop during one of our many snowstorms? Does anyone have any experience with this? Or would I be better off getting 373's or no gears at all?