GEARS

It all depends on the application. You dont want more than 3.73 on an auto. What will happen, also depending to your tire size, is that anything above 3.73 you will run out of gear at the track. What will happen is that you will enter overdrive and that is really risky because you can brake the band if you enter it at wot. For instance, i have 315/30/18 in the rear and if i had 3:73, that would mean i would be at the end of 3rd gear at 118.1 MPH. if i had 3:90 i would be at 113.0 MPH. I run nitrous and i trap speeds of 108-115. I would need something that keeps me in that range which would be 3:73. It all depends on your set up and what you want to have.

How do you trap between 108 and 115? Thats a pretty wide range I'm usually with in a few mph.

Uhh I have an auto and with 274/45/17s and 4.10s I went 120+ in 3rd with O/D locked out. I now have a built auto and though I know its still not great on the tranny I **** into OD at the track and trap 128.

• Sponsors (?)

How do you trap between 108 and 115? Thats a pretty wide range I'm usually with in a few mph.

Uhh I have an auto and with 274/45/17s and 4.10s I went 120+ in 3rd with O/D locked out. I now have a built auto and though I know its still not great on the tranny I **** into OD at the track and trap 128.

I was gonna say that seems like a pretty wide mph range:shrug:. I always heared(i don't have an auto so i don't know) that with an auto you would WANT to go at least 4.10's. I havent gone to the track very much lately(due to getting the trans and rear built) but my times were always within a few mph as well

Well, i run nitrous which is not very consistant, it depends to on the set of wheels i use. When i use the 18's im, like you said within a 3 mph range. When im on the v6 rims with Mickey Thompson i get better times. Also when i run N/A i dont trap as high. Also sometimes my tires arent warmed up and i spin causing me to have a higher MPH. Some times i run out of gear and i let go so i dont enter WOT with the nitrous on, right at the end of the strip.

I am thinking about buying Motive 3.90 gears for my 2003 mustang GT auto, has anybody had any experience with these gears, if so are they anygood??? any other suggestions on what type of gears are good

would get the Ford racing gears,I have a lot of work done By Lamotta performance in Longwood FL.,when it comes to gears they they won't install anything else.Have had the Ford racing gears in two different mustangs ,no noise, no problems

Thanks ill deffenetly look into the FRPP gears, not too sure wether to stay with 3.73 or do 4.10's but it looks like it all depends on ones own personal prefference by what iv been reading and by the replys iv gotten

BTW car has 60k miles so should i get any kind of rebuild kit???