Getting duals this week, one question.

• Sponsors (?)

You will not NEED a tune, correct. However, like most modifications to the 05, you will achieve optimal performance by retuning as you modify. Once you add a CAI with the new exhaust or headers, wideband or Dyno to check the AFs and tune to compensate.

Enjoy. And nice choice on the exhust! You have chosen my favorite exhaust manufacturer. Sound clip it if you can once done.

Jenn

Jenns05Stang said:
You will not NEED a tune, correct. However, like most modifications to the 05, you will achieve optimal performance by retuning as you modify. Once you add a CAI with the new exhaust or headers, wideband or Dyno to check the AFs and tune to compensate.

Enjoy. And nice choice on the exhust! You have chosen my favorite exhaust manufacturer. Sound clip it if you can once done.

Jenn

I think I posted a sound clip here once before if you are interested, I can get you link if you like.

That sounds nice. Exhaust stroke sound could be made a little throatier with some nice ceramic exhaust headers I bet.

Add a set for Christmas to the Waiting list, my friend. :)

Are you guys flirting AGAIN!?!?!? UNBELIEVABLE!!! :rlaugh:

@ Rygen: Well, had to wait a week on the TrueTrac/Girdle combo. Moved from Quantico, VA to Arlington, VA, so the mods had to wait. Looks like THIS Saturday is the day!!!

@ Jenn: I have the silver ceramic JBA headers along with dual exhaust on my springtime mod list. The duals will be the JBA H-pipe. Will that be too loud? I don't want to be Arlington County's "GT Wannabe." Also, I read on another post that our headers are actually quite good. What do you estimate the benefits of aftermarket headers will be?

Excepcion13 said:
Are you guys flirting AGAIN!?!?!? UNBELIEVABLE!!! :rlaugh:

@ Rygen: Well, had to wait a week on the TrueTrac/Girdle combo. Moved from Quantico, VA to Arlington, VA, so the mods had to wait. Looks like THIS Saturday is the day!!!

@ Jenn: I have the silver ceramic JBA headers along with dual exhaust on my springtime mod list. The duals will be the JBA H-pipe. Will that be too loud? I don't want to be Arlington County's "GT Wannabe." Also, I read on another post that our headers are actually quite good. What do you estimate the benefits of aftermarket headers will be?

Cool! My car goes in tomorrow morning at 10AM with auto-upgrades for TLOK, gears and bearings...oh and sway bar.

As for the headers, I will go to them, but not for HP gains. For a more muscle car sound.