Getting it all done.

Joes95GT said:
Who ever heard of a 3/16 mile track? What happened to the last 1/16? Anyhow, your saying that your car with just exhaust ran a low 13? I, as well as many others doubt that.

The choice is yours about which manifold you want to run. The Holley is an excellent piece, it's just not for you at this stage of the game. You could always get a GT40, and have it ported down the road. The price of the manifold (used) plus the port job will be less than 500 bucks. For me it was anyway. But then again, what do I know?

Joe

Well, 5spd GT will verify that it is only a 1000ft track because he uses the same one as I do. Also, you need to read more throughly.. I think you have a comprehensive problem.

My OLD 94 Convertible GT 5-spd w/ BBK headers, BBK H-Pipe, pulleys, Mac CAI, BBK 75mm TB, Borla exhaust, 3.55 gears, and Holley Systemax II upp/low intake ran a 11.58 in the 1000ft. Convert that to 1/4 times, and I believe it averages out to 13.5 or so.

Everyone has different setups, the last one worked the best for me and thats what I'm going for... yes, you are right.. I hit the rev limiter numerous times until I got used to it... spun a balancer.. I'm not saying everyone on here knows nothing about performance mustangs.. I am saying, if it worked last time and was winning races, why not go for the same thing ?? By next year, I'll have heads on it.. I'll just look at that as I saved money for just buying one intake.

• Sponsors (?)

getinaGTsoon said:
If it helps any, my last car (the 94 Convertible 5-spd) ran a 11.58 in the 1000ft at the track. The track is only measured in 1000ft. That equals out to low 13's in my head. Figuring the car ran a 12.5 or so bone stock, it gained 100rwhp total over stock (200hp). Prove me wrong ?
I have a "comprehensive" problem, yet you typed this. You yourself stated low 13's and 12.5 in consecutive sentences. Secondly, it's not comprehensive problem, it's comprehending problem. I can read, speak and type very clearly and accurately. Don't use words that you cannot use correctly. (You sound like an idiot :)).

Look dude, you believe what you want, and I know what I know. For coming on here and asking for advice, your awful outspoken about what you think on other peoples thoughts.

I and the others were telling you that a Holley intake is not going to benefit you at this point in time. Sure, it helped with the manual transmission, but an automatic is a completely different monster. With a stick car, you can leave in the "power zone" of that manifold. With a stock automatic, you cannot, and thats why I suggested a new converter first.

Now, I'm done arguing. If you still don't believe me, I'll tell you this again: I'm always right :D.

Joe

HEy man, low end is important just as everybody else said. Hell, I run a stock performer intake on my 331 stroker w/ AFR 185 heads. You may pick up a bit of hp but its not goning to be anywhere useful and so your car will be slower than stock. And BTW theres no stoch headed 5.0 convertible thats goining to run a 13.5 without nitous or possibly slicks or forced induction. And you dont seem to have any of that stuff. Your just sadly misinformed by all the adds and the ignorant people around you. Why dont you take some real useful and reliable advice from us stangnet people who have done it all already and have a working knowledge of what is going on in your situation. Admit your wrong....listen to us. And you will be happy. But then again they say ignorance is bliss so who knows you might be happy being a dumb ass. :p

Before coming here with an attitude and a blaming others for not reading what you wrote, you better do take a look at yourself. I never said you'd lose power, I did say you may very well slow down, and that my friend is the truth. If you do not raise the stock 5200rpm shift point and continue to run this intake on the stock heads, I don't see you gaining much if anything at all. Whatever guy, you know more than me, have fun with your setup!

BTW- I ran 13.83 in my vert with the stock heads, cam, e-brock intake, >3770lb raceweight on nitto DR's. Guess what my 1000' time was? 11.54

Get off the bench and go back to the track...

Well mr.killercanary.. I guess you are just a big badass around here ? and what did you prove w/ posting your 1000ft time ?? I could have beaten that w/ the other setup if I had Nittos on, but I had regular street radials... BUT you know EXACTLY what you are talking about. ALL HAIL KILLERCANARY :rlaugh: :rlaugh: .. I guess that is what you get by being your own mechanic.

What the heck are you talking about. I'm here to help, not act like an ass. People like you are not needed around here and I'm sure the others will agree. Like I said, have fun with your setup I personally couldn't give a rat's ass now. I was trying to help you, but obviously you don't need it as you know your car and what it needs to run quick. What did I prove by posting my 1000'.... that your benchracing had led you astray if you think that your 1000' equate to a low 13 second pass.... unless you had some killer MPH going which is possible but HIGHLY unlikely with the mods you listed.

What's the mechanic comment about??? I do ALL my own work if that's what you are refering to.

I could have beaten that w/ the other setup if I had Nittos on, but I had regular street radials
Maybe you missed this...
Get off the bench and go back to the track...

No harm-no foul, you won't recieve any advise from me from here on out since you don't need it.

getinaGTsoon why do you think everyone else is wrong but you. Stop being so egotistical and thick headed and appreciate what this forums for.

And for the record, Killercanary is probably the biggest badass around here.

Alright just to get this straight I'm not going to take up for any single one here... :D

Yes the track is a 1000ft and yes getinaGTsoon did run 11.58 which if you use the (somewhat good formula of adding 2.0 to 2.1 seconds :shrug: ) you get a 13.6 or so. I raced the car...very strong car and good driver :nice: ...

I still think the Systemax is to big for that car but he will get heads eventually so he can take advantage of the added powerband...

When we raced before he got the intake it was dang close but after he got the intake he got me :nonono: :nice:

But in short the car was strong for being a vert and all but the intake just won't be used to its full potential just yet...

David

5spd GT said:
Alright just to get this straight I'm not going to take up for any single one here... :D

Yes the track is a 1000ft and yes getinaGTsoon did run 11.58 which if you use the (somewhat good formula of adding 2.0 to 2.1 seconds :shrug: ) you get a 13.6 or so. I raced the car...very strong car and good driver :nice: ...

I still think the Systemax is to big for that car but he will get heads eventually so he can take advantage of the added powerband...

When we raced before he got the intake it was dang close but after he got the intake he got me :nonono: :nice:

But in short the car was strong for being a vert and all but the intake just won't be used to its full potential just yet...

David

Oh, and I can add to that. Before the intake when I was beside him the whole time.. I had 3.55 gears. After the intake, I was beating him.. and still had 3.55 gears. This was when he had the 2000 GT 5-spd. :nice:

Listen getinagtsoon, I don't know what your trying to prove or ask here, but roughly the first 15 posts were people trying to help you out. They are not trying to put you down until you went off on a ego trip. This is the best board for 94-95 GT's and people like Killercanary and a few others obviously know what they are talking about. Your in the wrong place if your trying to talk ***** to them. You'll lose because everyone on this board backs them not you. So don't ruin it for everybody and start going off. Everybody has their own opinion on what works and what doesn't. At least have the common courtesy to voice your opinion with some tact.

Nathan

"And for the record, Killercanary is probably the biggest badass around here."
I second that