Founding Member
Apr 8, 2001
North Atlanta
we have it narrowed down to a few options:

2004 BMW 330ci Sport Package, aerodynamic package

2004 Mercedes Kompressor

2005 mustang GT LOADED

2004 Jaguar Xtype 3.0

We have also considered waiting for a new cobra. however, we really want an automatic for Atlanta traffic driving. Opinions?

• Sponsors (?)

I would have personally chosen the '05 Stang... but I gotta admit that is some fairly pricey company - so I voted for the Bimmer - You really don't need the awd of the Jag (although like most Jags the interior is great) and the Kompressor cars are fairly common now.- Oh hell, I don't know... If she drives like my wife just get her a 2003 Windstar leftover and be done with it :D

My order of preference, but I have to qualify each one... Either the '05 Mustang GT, but only if you can get it for MSRP or less. Don't pay a premium... that way you're getting a pretty decent deal in terms of car/dollar. Or get the BMW... can't go wrong with a beamer. That said, you'll be extra happy if you get the M3. The Mercedes and Jag don't do a damn thing for me in terms of visceral response. Good cars and all, but a bit trendy and maybe a bit uninspired style-wise.

Just MHO... :shrug:

Me? Rich? LMFAO!

She complains that she cant see out of the 05 gt.....I see FINE! HEHE. I am going to keep working on her.

I think we have it narrowed down to the BMW or the 05GT. Personally, I want the Jaguar Rtype....but im about $30k short!

The new 3 is coming out in a few months (if it isn't already enroute to dealers) which means the current three will depreciate like a stone. You'll lose at least 10,000.00 the second the new one comes out. I'm sure the new one will look like ass like everything this new idiot designed with possible exception of the X3.

Edit: yep http://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/futurevehicles/new3/images.htm

I vote for the C240 Sport Sedan (Kompressor) or Audi A4.

I'm pretty sure you can lease the Mercedes (an 05) for 329 before January.

Of course Ford owns Jag and Volvo so you could buy one of those and keep it in the family.

I really didn't care for the 05 Mustang I saw at the auto show.

(BTW - BMW trivia: Beamer is a motorcycle, Bimmer is a car)

JMO

Check out the Acura TSX. I have mine and it is great and affordable compared to the other cars and what you get. I have a six speed manual in mine and absolutely love it. The great thing about the car is it comes standard with everything you need. 6CD in dash, steering wheel audio controls, heated leather seats, dual climate, XM radio, 17 inch rims, xenon headlights, Homelink, sunroof, and brushed aluminum trim. All for an invoice of about $26.9K and you can always get some off that.

I wanted to get the Navi but went against it, though sometimes I wish I hadn't. Acura Navi is awesome.

Oh, and I don't work for Acura, just love the TSX. For what you get I really think it is a great deal.

I am very biased towards Mercedes. If you buy a new Mercedes at some time I can assure you that you will like it and probably own many more. There is no other quality car built that matched Mercedes fit, finish and quality.