GOING, GOING........

• Sponsors (?)

:D

you saw my oasis report thread!

thats it. 2009 F250 FX4. doing a DPF and Cat delete as soon as it get it home along with an intake and spartan tuner it should make over 500 HP and TONS of TQ

NICE! Go ahead and get a 5 inch straight pipe while your at it. :D Those trucks with those mods will go low 8s in the 1/8th, and still get 18-20 mpg.

My brother (the one who pulled my car to Fastlane, you may have met him) LOVES diesels and wants a 6.4. He currently has a 7.3 (intake, exhaust, 150 hp chip) but it just isn't enough. He hates it when I trap more in the 1/8th than he does in the 1/4. :D

I agree nice truck, but do not expect great mileage til you get the dpf off and the tune. My buddy just got a 2010 6.4 4x4 and on a recent trip pulled 13.5 mpg on the freeway not towing :notnice:. Maybe that was hime driving 80mph but don't expect 18+ til you do you mods

I have been working on performance diesel engines for a few years now so if you need any direction or help feel free to ask. Currently I am building my buddy's truck with him, 96 7.3 and we are making 600 rwhp and 1100 rwtr and 65 pounds of boost.

You must, before you do anything, is get at least an egt gauge ( exhaust gas temperatures) and do not ever go above 1500*. I suggest for tuning you take a look at diesel inovation, I am not too familair with spartan's, but some advice would be to not to go over a 200 hp tune, which the 6.4 will easily do. Over that and unless you got head studs and a egr block off, your egt's will be off the charts.

Oh one more piece of advice, let the turbo's cool down after running the truck for awhile, like say idle for a few mins to let the oil pump through. It will save your bearings and help from roasting your oil in the turbo.

Enjoy !!:flag:

thanks for the advice midnight.

as soon as my Xterra sells i'm doing the DPF and Cat delete with an intake and tuner. the spartans have had great reviews from what i have seen on powerstrokenation.com

they say it is hard for ford to detect that it has been tuned with the Spartans over any others. another nice thing with the spartan is it gives you a digital readout of EGT's, boost, etc. it is $1299 for the tuner but you dont need any gauges from what i have been told.

how hard is it to delete or disable the EGR? i wouldnt mind doing that while i'm at it

as soon as my Xterra sells i'm doing the DPF and Cat delete with an intake and tuner. the spartans have had great reviews from what i have seen on powerstrokenation.com

they say it is hard for ford to detect that it has been tuned with the Spartans over any others. another nice thing with the spartan is it gives you a digital readout of EGT's, boost, etc. it is $1299 for the tuner but you dont need any gauges from what i have been told.

how hard is it to delete or disable the EGR? i wouldnt mind doing that while i'm at it

I thought you were just getting a tune, if you are getting the box with the built in gauges, then thats a definite plus. I am use to people cheaping out and just buying the tuner box. Oh and powerstrokenation is a super good resource, the guys are really helpful and nice. I was on there but forgot my logon password so I have to start a new profile, maybe bump into you there.

The egr delete, um is getting is a little more complex on the 6.4's then the 6.0's, which are a simple plate but I believe you can also delete it with a tune as well. On my friends D-max, we did a plate and then a resistor in the wire to trick the computer, cost about $150, and welll worth it.

Check out puredieselpower under the 6.4 race exhaust system for their egr delete kit, about 25 bucks. I am not sure if you need anything else but they are very knowledageable people and were very nice to me, I talked to them about a year ago. They make some great parts too.

Yup, from what I've heard, Spartan is the way to go with the 6.4s.

And my brother is on PSN a lot, goes by David N. Pretty cool dude, as are most of those guys. And like a few of the folks on these boards, some of them know anything and everything there is to know about their trucks. I'm on there occasionally, usually to lurk through there off-topic threads. Man, sometimes that crap is freaking hilarious.

heres a pic from the auction
truck.jpg