Going to Test drive a 2010

scupking

Sep 18, 2005
Enfield, CT
Went to a local car show and Ford is giving $50 if you sing up to come in for a test drive. So I'm going this Saturday to try a new 2010 GT. I'm also going to see how much they would give me for a trade in on my 01gt for a used 05-09. I’m thinking of selling my car with in the next year for a 05-09.

• Sponsors (?)

I drove a 2010 GT, automatic (no manual GTs on the lot at the time). I absolutely loved it. The power delivery was smooth, and it sounds awesome with in the cabin since they routed some piping from the intake to the inside (something like that). The interior is on another level, and it looks pretty high-end, especially for a Mustang. Fit and finish is awesome on the car, inside and out.

That said, I drove a 2008 GT and did not like the feel of the hydraulic clutch at all. It makes the car feel less muscular. That can be changed, though.

I drove a 2010 GT, automatic (no manual GTs on the lot at the time). I absolutely loved it. The power delivery was smooth, and it sounds awesome with in the cabin since they routed some piping from the intake to the inside (something like that). The interior is on another level, and it looks pretty high-end, especially for a Mustang. Fit and finish is awesome on the car, inside and out.

That said, I drove a 2008 GT and did not like the feel of the hydraulic clutch at all. It makes the car feel less muscular. That can be changed, though.

I sat in the 2010 at the car show and loved the interior, I just can't get over how the rear end looks. I know my next stang will be a 05-09 seeing as you can get a used one for around 14-18k with low miles (I will never buy a new car). If I sell my car I hope to get around 11k for it so I would only be paying around 3-5k for a used 05-09.

I sat in the 2010 at the car show and loved the interior, I just can't get over how the rear end looks. I know my next stang will be a 05-09 seeing as you can get a used one for around 14-18k with low miles (I will never buy a new car). If I sell my car I hope to get around 11k for it so I would only be paying around 3-5k for a used 05-09.

Yea, there a lot of deal on 05-09 GT's. I really like those 2010 models. I also got a chance to sit in one at the car show. I'm like you, I never buy a new car again. I'm thinking about buying another Stang next summer. It will either be between 07-2010 GT. However, summer is a long ways off now and I could easily change my mind. let us know about the test drive. Pearl02.

I recently purchased an s197 and so far enjoy the car. They feel different compared to the sn95 being that the car just feels so much bigger and is obviously heavier. I'm fighting the mod bug :(

I have a hard time with being just another S197 owner...Christ, there everywhere...modded ones too. To keep up with the jones, I could see buying the new car then dumping another 10K into it to at least be like the other jones...the other S197 owners. I couldn't deal with a stock anything... I kinda like the uniqueness of my Mach and I still love the new edge styling.

I have a hard time with being just another S197 owner...Christ, there everywhere...modded ones too. To keep up with the jones, I could see buying the new car then dumping another 10K into it to at least be like the other jones...the other S197 owners. I couldn't deal with a stock anything... I kinda like the uniqueness of my Mach and I still love the new edge styling.

Trust me if I ever get an S197 it would not stay stock at all:D.

Damn your getting rid of your '01? Well at least your upgrading. I honestly like the rear end of the 2010's. I check them out everytime I stop by the dealership I used to work for, and drool over the grabber blue one they have. Thats the color right? I thought thats what it was called. Anyways since I just got my truck a new Stang will have to wait, but I don't mind since I LOVE my car:nice:

I absolutely love my car, but I can see a brand new Mustang in my future, though not for a few years. I want a Mustang that is perfect when I get it, and doesn't have some things I have to learn to live with.

Buying used cars is such a love/hate relationship. You will always being catchup to the new cars. Given, the older cars with more mods still spank the new cars, but it is still catch up mode for the most of us.

As I have demonstrated, the fasted corvette/mustang cars in the all out 1 mile(texas mile) are the GT500 cars. Most at the Texas Mile GT were at 500's 180-210mph.(not stock)

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/798341-300-pics-60-minutes-video-texas-mile.html

The fastest stock bolt on new corvette z06's, are in the mid/low 10's with the stock heads/cam in the 1/4. (not 1 mile cars)

Mods on older cars can keep these cars up there, but the progression of automobiles will always keep improving.

Buying used cars is such a love/hate relationship. You will always being catchup to the new cars.

That's from looking at new cars as the be-all, end-all. I don't like a car just because it's new. There's 100+ years of auto production to pick from. Why restrict yourself to whatever was made this year? Faster isn't better, it's simply faster. Same with newer. If someone made a little red wagon that ran Nurburgring faster than my 2003 Mustang GT, I wouldn't be jealous in the least.

That said, I have driven a 2009 Mustang and liked it despite what I thought prior to the drive. But I didn't like it enough to trade my current car off. Bigger and heavier and better chassis != better even with more power. If an avalanche of money landed in my lap right now I'd consider a 2010 GT500, but I'd keep my current car as a DD. I'm not attracted to new things just because they are new. I could care less if someone else is faster, I'm not a child. And the day my car landed on the dealer floor there were faster cars on the market.

Im tempted to try/buy an 05/09 myself but then I remember the huge
amount of loan intrest and TTL $$$ I would be hit with.
Plus my 04 is in 100% perfect condition..... there is not one tiny thing that
doesnt work right.

The nice thing about the S197 is that just with a JLT intake and 93 oct tune people are making about 300rwhp. I needed every single bolt on to get to 293rwhp.

Isn't it insane that the intake is that restrictive along with the tune? Lots of power is available with a programmer/intake combination---one reason I am having a tough time not buying a setup. This is suppose to be my daily driver :nonono:

?!? Seriously? There's always someone faster. Playing that game is a losing proposition.

I'm not tying my ego to my wallet either. Guess that'll spur another immature comment from you as well, right?

sorry, didn't mean to be rude. I guess I was. My point is that we all play catch up, cars are just so fast now. I apologize.

I went Mack Haik Ford today and absolutely fell in love with the 2010 cars. I am not crazy about the rear end, but it seems like the darker colors looked better from the back side. They offered to let me drive one, but I didn't have time. The interior of the car is just light years ahead of what I am used to.

Most GT's were stickered at 36k-37k.

sorry, didn't mean to be rude. I guess I was. My point is that we all play catch up, cars are just so fast now. I apologize.

I went Mack Haik Ford today and absolutely fell in love with the 2010 cars. I am not crazy about the rear end, but it seems like the darker colors looked better from the back side. They offered to let me drive one, but I didn't have time. The interior of the car is just light years ahead of what I am used to.

Most GT's were stickered at 36k-37k.

36-37k is a lot of money when the the 05-09 is basically the same car and you can get one for 14-18k. Just wait until the new engine and transmissions are announced in December, I can see the prices on the 05-09s going down even more. I'm still very happy with my car but I just know that the S197 is a great platform to build off of.

36-37k is a lot of money when the the 05-09 is basically the same car and you can get one for 14-18k. Just wait until the new engine and transmissions are announced in December, I can see the prices on the 05-09s going down even more. I'm still very happy with my car but I just know that the S197 is a great platform to build off of.

I understand, but you have one heck of an NA auto 2v. I've kept track of your progress over the last couple years. It just depends on what you want, and what you are willing to lose/gain from an investment standpoint. :nice:

My good buddy, Maddox(D98gt) just picked up a clean s197gt. Give him a shout, since he comes from a quick auto 2v car, and is in your situation