Going to the track tell me what you think.

shawnaj7731

Jan 19, 2006
Its a 89 lx mustang.

Okay I am halfway done with the car and we are going to the track this weekend. What does everyone think this car will run. My engine is a 306 with dss rotating assembly piston etc compression is about 9.8.1. Heads are edelbrock performers, port & polished etc.76 mm mass air meter 30lb injectors
edelbrock victor jr intake 75mm throttle body. The cam is a anderson b2 cam1.6rr harden push rods.Only got the power steering and alt on serptine belt.190 lph fuel pump with vortex t-rex. World class t5 tranny. 3.73 rear end. Weld wheels 26x11.5x15 mt et streets. Suspension is lakewood 90/10 up front eibach drag springs up front. strange adj rear shocks . v8 rear springs. Stock conrols in the rear for now. Subframe connectors. No rear seats

THe headers are fms shorties with mac h pipe and flowmasters with dumps.

ALuminum radiator and electric fan and alum driveshaft. We will be spraying a 150 or 175shot. So give me a est on motor and then on spray. WHat you think the times will be. see who comes the closest.

• Sponsors (?)

Depends on what kinda useage your car will see. If you're doing all straight-line, just about anything with poly (except Granatelli (sp?)) will do just fine, and if you've got the torque boxes beefed up, maybe spring for some hardcore lift bars - UPR, Hotchkis, MM, Lakewood, etc. If you're hardcore about corners (or even just like to really carve a few, now and then), you'll probably want to look for something with spherical bushings, in which case MM is about the only way to go (pricey, but worth it).

As far as guessing times ... it's all in the driver. If I were behind the wheel, I wouldn't get any better than 13's with it; with anyone else, subtract a second or two from the E/T. :D

well ran it on the motor only and ran some 12.4s more consistant was 12.52 and 12.48s what I was running for the most part. ran 12 times in 1.5 hour time really did give the car any rest. My 60ft were bad 1.8 every time. It was bogging off the line too. We are going to had t-rex and a 190lph tomorrow and spray it at the tt this weekend should be in the low 11s hopefully. My traps speed was the same every time almost around 108 or 107