Good news for pre 96 cars in Illinois

bluestang2.3

Jun 29, 2007
Well they finally did it. After numerous lawsuits, accidents and damaged vehicles, The State of Illinois no longer requires vehicles that aren't OBD II equipped to be dyno tested. In fact, any 95 or earlier doesn't have to be tested at all. I'm not sure how many in Illinois are reading this, but it's good to know that you can modify more power-robbers without consequences:)

287K and rising:)

• Sponsors (?)

What are you talking about? State of Illinois doesn't require emmissions testing or even to have cars inspected at all. I'm sure your talking about something and your right, but back up a couple of steps and explain please.

Illinois does have a emissions law but it is centralised around chicago and its surrounding suburbs, if you live farther south you were exempt from the tests. They are conducted on all cars over 4 years old every other year you own it.

The reason that they stopped the testing on the older cars is because they tested the vehicles on rollers and they were tearing up cars left and right.

They had people who could not really drive stick missing gears and forgetting that some suvs' are awd or partial awd.

I am so glad it is over.