Goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshman1204

Oct 4, 2004
Well I made a decision today that I may forever regret ... I sold the brand new 06 stang and I am now stangless:( :(

I traded the 06 stang for a super clean 04 lightning with 20k miles on it. I havent actually signed the papers yet and I am having so many mixed emotions that I cant stand it.

Now for a little tech so the mods dont lock this thread ... I have heard that I can get to 600hp on the stock internals of a lightning shortblock is this possible at all in our stangs?

Also let me know what you think of the decision.

• Sponsors (?)

Blasphemy!

May I ask why would you do such a thing? Even if you can get 600 hp in a lightning it's still not a Mustang and certainly not as good looking! Sorry, I know it's not my decision, but I STILL enjoy it when people driving by or even at the gas station stop and turn and gawk at my car, and I've had it for a little over a year. I don't think anyone will look twice at a lightning. If you regret it, maybe you should reconsider :shrug:

I think lightnings are much better looking than the stangs. It was cool to be one of the first ones driving a stang last year but now they are everywhere. On the other hand there were only 400 white lightnings made in 04 and I now have one of them.

It's probably just as well, man. If you bought a Mustang just to look cool driving it around before other people, it probably wasn't the right car for you. Mustang GT's never were limited edition, exactly. ;)

I'd hold on to that Lightning and, if you do put on aftermarket parts, KEEP THE STOCK PARTS!!! There's a decent chance that Lightnings will be worth a buck or two down the road. The Lightnings do look exceptional in white, too.

Also, I'd trust the Lightning's iron block to handle higher boost. The idea of putting a blower on my Mustang, with the aluminum block, scares me as far as engine longevity.

Status
Not open for further replies.