got dyno'd today

• Sponsors (?)

Here you go bud :D

302snake.jpg

Grady

reddy351 said:
Yup. Used to be you could take off the intake silencer, set the timing to 13 deg, put in some 3.73's and rule the street. Now a Camry comes with more hp than our early Stangs. Big time :(!
QUOTE]

I drove a 2002 TA with the t56, slp lid, and k&n last weekend. It was crazy. I had an 88 z28 that I modded bigtime and a 94z28 auto and neither even compared to the 2002. It was very nice.

Therian said:
not to jack this thread or anything...

Grady, are you still running stock TB and MAF? I thought you upgraded a while ago?

No Sir :D

I have been running a 65mm Ford tb and 80mm ProM shorty for quite some time now.

It starts to pull harder from mid range and the gain just gets better & better all the way to redline :banana:

however .............

I have no hard data on the gains from the two items :bang:
so
I feel the sig should stay as is :)

It is my hope it could be of some help to others who might expect big gains from tb & maf upgrades
or
think they are necessary items to do in the early stages of modding their Stangs.

Grady

Therian said:
any plans to hit a dyno again? I'd be very interested to see what you added...

keep up the good work :nice:

Maybe :shrug: in the fall when the temps come down :shrug:

I can't brag about it on these boards due to no hard data :D
then again :shrug:
it don't make me loose any sleep at night either :rlaugh:

I know I've gone over to the other side of 300 :D
:shrug: At least 10 but I don't feel any more than 20 :shrug:

Grady

My GT made 210 rwhp with the stock intake, stock headers, CAI, O/R H pipe, Flows, 14* initial timing, 327 gears and five speed. This was on a Mustang dyno. I'll bet after a good tune up your numbers will go up.

I also would throw a new coil on just for S&G's. They only cost about 14$ and it's cheap insurance. I had a bad 3000rpm cutoff a long time ago and went through everything-dizzy sensor/pip, maf, o2's, ECT, ACT and finally the coil. Fixed it right up!

302Snake said:
i haven't done a tune up since having the car the last 2 years, just change the oil guess i'll do the tune up, are the ford racing wires good?
that could very well be the root of your problems right there. you havent done it in 2 years and there is no telling when the previous owner did it if at all. the ford racing wires are fine, they just take a little work to trim them down to size (they come way too long). toss in a new fuel filter, plugs, wires, and a new cap and rotor and see how she runs after that. also, what is your timing set at? retarded timing could also be part of the issue.