Green Gauge Color: Is it bulbs or plastic?

Is the green color produced by the factory '99?-04 Gauges green bulbs or is there a film of some some sort over the bulbs?
The reason I ask is because I want to change the gauge light color to blue. I don't nessesarily want white face gauges, but if that is the only way to do a blue gauge setup I will.

• Sponsors (?)

Sorry Guys

I'm not trying to be a "Thread Raper", but I saw a couple of you guys where from NC. I've been looking for a good Mustang or Ford performance shop to get some performance mods. I found a website for Modular Madness, which is a shop in Mooresville, NC. Do either of you know anything about that place? Modularmadness.com

Go Heels said:
I'm not trying to be a "Thread Raper", but I saw a couple of you guys where from NC. I've been looking for a good Mustang or Ford performance shop to get some performance mods. I found a website for Modular Madness, which is a shop in Mooresville, NC. Do either of you know anything about that place? Modularmadness.com

You could try Carolina Mustangs in Cary! Only a few minutes away from you too!

someone had a face that looked kind of like old F-body color(read Yellow) leter on gray back ground..that was from Speedhut or something...

damn who was that? I think it might have been 01GT Eibach...

rice slayer' said:
Just replace the bulbs, there is 5 of them behind the gauges, i think AUTOZONE, and Kragen sell differnt colors, i have neon blue bulbs in mine with the factory face gauge and it looks sick

A blue light going through green (and red)? :scratch:

These are cheap "indiglo" gauges off ebay. They glow either green OR blue at the flip of a switch. I think I paid 30 bucks total about a year ago.
pic13large.jpg

ZaC851 said:
These are cheap "indiglo" gauges off ebay. They glow either green OR blue at the flip of a switch. I think I paid 30 bucks total about a year ago.

yea thats where i got mine the have the EL Glow and the Halo......i didn't like the looks of either in the pics but i like the halo better.....got them and i absolutly love them...the green doesn't look to good but the blue is amazing...i get comments on them all the time.....35 bux...cuz they charge frickin 15 to ship.

Edge