GT 1/4 1.8 60ft?

edgeplus

Dec 11, 2004
If an 05 GT pulls a 1.8 60ft and runs 14.2@99 what is the problem? A guy on SRTforums claims to own both cars and that is what his GT runs. I just don't understand unless he shifted very slow! He did say it was 2 weeks old on this run but would it make that much of a difference? I want to buy one of these cars but if that is the case :(

• Sponsors (?)

edgeplus said:
If an 05 GT pulls a 1.8 60ft and runs 14.2@99 what is the problem? A guy on SRTforums claims to own both cars and that is what his GT runs. I just don't understand unless he shifted very slow! He did say it was 2 weeks old on this run but would it make that much of a difference? I want to buy one of these cars but if that is the case :(

edge,

Bad driver and very unfamiliar with the car on a VERY hot track is all I can think. :shrug: Do a search on the GT 1/4 mile times, stock. Under good track conditions, they are running around the High 13s stock at about 103. Do not negate the GT based on this one comment, edge. The GT is a strong opponent stock and will be kicking some serious 1/4s once modified and tuned to remove the DBW hesitation at launch.

Jenn

I just thought with that kind of launch a mid 13 would not be out of question maybe lower. I think this year when the air cools we'll see even better times then and that most cars will be broken in and drivers will be better.

I'm the guy from srt forums,and it doesn't add up. Even with the tad bit low trap,a 1.8 should crack 13's. My slowest run was a 14.02 @ 101 and I had a 2.243 60'. I just flat out don't understand it. The only thing I can think of is a very slow 2-3 shift.

i can see how it happens, maybe not with a 1.8 60' though.

My first day out on the track with my GT... (just got it 2 weeks prior and absolutley NO experience driving a 5-spd car... my last stang was auto) my fastest time was on a 2.3 60' and was 14.4 @ 101

it was also 107* outside, with a 140* track temp. Factor in my admitted craptacular driving skills and whabam... instant 14 second car. lmao.

I'm going out again this saturday with a bit more experience & some new mods under my belt. We shall see what the results are.