gt-40p boost on 306

94blownsaleen

May 11, 2009
Does any1 know what my timing should be set at i do know i should retard a bit but how much? my set up is trickflow street upper/lower stock cam 98 gt-40p heads stock fuel injectors 255l pump vortech fmu and 9 lb powerdyne. Also should i change my timing even if i dont have boost because its new motor I want to run for a while without belt on powerdyne? the car is 94 gt!

• Sponsors (?)

with a blower you want to put it at base 10* timing and tune through the computer from there. without the blower hooked up do whatever you want with the timing to gain the most power without pinging.

No need to cut timing when your not producing boost.

When you do run boost ---The GT40P has 58cc combustion chambers which will give you a higher compression ratio. If your running the chip that Powerdyne supplies the with the 9 psi kit you'll be alright with the base timing set at -10. If you don't have the chip you should get a MSD boost timing retard and start with a 1 degree retard starting at 4 psi. Another option is to install a methanol / water injection system and you won't need to cut any timing and have more power.