gt lease?

has anyone tried to lease a new gt? my dealer(or former dealer) told me a lease on a gt at 28455 was about$655. you can buy it cheaper. if you figure this 3 year lease you pay over 23000 and will still owe over 13000 for it. 36000 i dont think so! :notnice:

• Sponsors (?)

I lease a 49,000 dollar Cadillac for 575/month including tax with no money down, no security deposit, not even the first payment up front. The monkeys that cooked up a 655/month payment are either trying to financially rape you or are working with a terrible residual 36 month value. These cars may actually depreciate much faster than we expect. Tell the next car salesman that you have 350 available to spend on preferably a 24 month lease and start from there. 665 monthly is ridiculous!

joestang03 said:
has anyone tried to lease a new gt? my dealer(or former dealer) told me a lease on a gt at 28455 was about$655. you can buy it cheaper. if you figure this 3 year lease you pay over 23000 and will still owe over 13000 for it. 36000 i dont think so! :notnice:

Here is what you do..........

The price of the car subtract the residual of the car (after the lease)
Take that number Multiply it by the intrest rate....
Then take that number and Divide it by the term of the lease.....

You should have your monthly payment

purchase

Ask Mr. Carsalesman if they will sell you the car at invoice and if not how much over. This question if asked politely will tell the salesman a number of things; You are not a fool who just hit the lottery.
You know the invoice price. You are shopping with the intent of buying at the best price. If whomever you are speaking with balks at the discussion of negotiating from invoice move on. If you are like most of us there are more Ford dealers within a 50 mile radius than you have time to talk too.

They, I think are feeling that the value of the 06's are going to tank after the Shelby comes out. My car came in Friday. 2006 Vert premium iud 18 blades side airbags and theft system. 34k msrp 30 A plan. With 2k down I am at 515.00 a month on a 24 month lease. The only reason I am even considering leasing is this is the 3rd vert I have had in 6 years. In other words I don’t like cars over 2yrs I get bored and with the Shelby out I know I will be bored so I am not sure what to do.

if you really want to you can give me a call at work tommorow and I can run some numbers and see what it will really cost at invoice. I am at a ford dealer near austin texas so we may actually be able to work something out if your close. my number at work is 830-693-5577 and just ask for josh.

A GT Coupe is 64% for 24 months with an auto trans and 62% with a manual trans. That is with 15k miles a year so if you add or subtract mileage the residual will change as well. I dont have the right screen to get the money factor so I will get it when my manager gets back and I will post it then.

People that are against leasing don’t understand it that’s why they’re against it.
I can lease my vert for 505.00 @ 24 = 12102.00 buy out 22100.00.
So if I buy it at the end its 34200.00.
I can pay cash 32100.00 and drive it for 2 years get bored and sell it for maybe 18k it still cost me 14k and I didn’t wrap 32k up for 2 yrs in fact its better to lease and invest the money.
Or I can put 10k down pay 440.00 for 2yr that’s 10256 + 10k= 20256.00 and my pay off is still 14k I can sell it for 18k get 4k and it still cost me 16 k and I tied up 10k.
If you lease at least you have options at the end
p.s. you never really want to buy out a 36mo or more lease.

At any rate by then the Shelbys will be more realistic and I will want one anyway.

The Fang said:
Pissin your money away leasing a car. an there ain't no residual imo.
" It's true that you'll own nothing at the end of a lease; you'll have nothing "to show" for the money you've put into it. But... what you don't own is the same part of the car — the depreciated part — that a buyer too doesn't own at the end of his loan. Again, a car's value depreciates the same amount whether it is leased or purchased.:nono:

For those with good credit (730+): Go to leasecompare.com. They give you the top 5 or 6 quotes out of dozens of lease providers. It's kind of like lendingtree.com for auto leases.

730+ credit is almost unheard of in the auto industry!!

If you have atleast a 590 credit score we can get you on a lease without any problems. The line we use to sell a lease is this ..." If I was a real estate agent and told you that I had a piece of property that I could sell you for 200k and I can guarantee it will be worth 100k next year would you sign the paper? Then why would you buy a car???"
The main benefits of leasing are:

1) you can never have negative equity ... you will always know what your car will be worth in 2-3 years and you can never be upside down at the end of a lease. Therefore if you lease a mustang and the value tanks it doesnt matter because your residual is locked in so you just walk away when the lease is done.

2) you know exactly what it is going to cost you per mile to drive that vehicle and it is usually much cheaper per mile to drive a lease. The KBB cost per mile on a trade is .34 cents while most leases only charge you .12-.15 cents if you purchase extra miles upfront.

The only two customers that I honestly dont recommend leasing to are people that like to heavily modify their cars and people who abuse them such as ranchers and farmers.

Now just so everyone has a clear picture there are benefits of leases from a salesmans side too:

1) much easier to negotiate payments on a lease than a purchase. if I am 60 dollars away from where someone wants to be payment wise on a finance deal I have to give up over 3k in gross to get it down that 60 dollars but on a lease I only have to give up about 1200. So the less gross I give up the more I make and the happier my wife is:)

2) Lease deals ensure that we will have a sell coming back to us in 2-3 years because 99.9% of customer just turn the cars in and get a new one.

3) lease make it easier for me to sell bedliners and grill guards because these items also have a residual value so therefore the monthly payment will onlu go up a few bucks vers 10-15 on a finance deal. Again this allows me to make more money thus making the wife happy again:)

Leases really are a badass deal for a person who is not going to heavily mod a vehicle or beat it to crap. If anyone wants me to look at some numbers on a lease deal on any ford, lincoln, or mercury just give me a call and I can run them in 5-10 minutes my number is 830-693-5577 just ask for josh.

leasecompare.com only offers the lowest lease rates. Sure, a 600 score can get a lease, but a 730's payment will be lower on any given vehicle and payment schedule. That is their specialty. If you've got the score, take advantage of it.

Actually, US Bank has pretty aggresive lease programs as well assuming, again, outstanding credit.

slicktop said:
People that are against leasing don’t understand it that’s why they’re against it.
I can lease my vert for 505.00 @ 24 = 12102.00 buy out 22100.00.
So if I buy it at the end its 34200.00.
I can pay cash 32100.00 and drive it for 2 years get bored and sell it for maybe 18k it still cost me 14k and I didn’t wrap 32k up for 2 yrs in fact its better to lease and invest the money.
Or I can put 10k down pay 440.00 for 2yr that’s 10256 + 10k= 20256.00 and my pay off is still 14k I can sell it for 18k get 4k and it still cost me 16 k and I tied up 10k.
If you lease at least you have options at the end
p.s. you never really want to buy out a 36mo or more lease.

At any rate by then the Shelbys will be more realistic and I will want one anyway.

Not to mention that if someone crashed into your beloved vert and caused major damage the car wouldn't have the same resale value.
You may end up losing a couple of thousand more upon resale.