GT Rear bumper cover

satanas

Dec 16, 2005
Arizona
Does anyone know were I can purchase a rear bumper cover that does not have the mustang lettering in the back I removed all the emblems on my car shaved my door handles,and gas door. I dont want the mustang gt words on my stang.My car is almost ready for paint but just need to get a rear bumper cover.
P5110565.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I used a flexible urethane bumper repair kit, to fill in my 'Mustang GT' embossing on the side skirts. It came in a two-part (epoxy type) tube. The area was well prepped, and sanded down with a rotary disc etc. Just be careful, as the skirts are very thin, and you do not want to sand through! The product (SEM, I believe) was a PITA to work with, as it was somewhat thin, and we had to keep working it back up, into the embossed letter area, as gravity kept pulling it out. Once it began to tack up, we quit f'ing with it, and it set up nicely. A bit more sanding, and the absolute thinnest coat of body filler did the trick. Mine has been on the car, for over 6 months, with no issues! -- fingers crossed, lol!

I used a flexible urethane bumper repair kit, to fill in my 'Mustang GT' embossing on the side skirts. It came in a two-part (epoxy type) tube. The area was well prepped, and sanded down with a rotary disc etc. Just be careful, as the skirts are very thin, and you do not want to sand through! The product (SEM, I believe) was a PITA to work with, as it was somewhat thin, and we had to keep working it back up, into the embossed letter area, as gravity kept pulling it out. Once it began to tack up, we quit f'ing with it, and it set up nicely. A bit more sanding, and the absolute thinnest coat of body filler did the trick. Mine has been on the car, for over 6 months, with no issues! -- fingers crossed, lol!
so you say its from SEM?Thanks I will try it. I used a two part epoxy type also but not sure what brand. I will try that one again..Thanks again.