Gt spoiler on an LX fox

• Sponsors (?)

not a very good pic of the spoiler but here ya go.....

Attachments

• IMG_1334.JPG
    IMG_1334.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 151
I like mine. At least the water and leaves and pine needles don't get stuck under it like with the LX one.

rearview2.jpg

That's a good reason. I hated having to take the spoiler off of mine to get the junk out from under it. Plus it makes it nice for when you wash the car, water dont keep trickling out from under it after you dry it 20 times. I dunno how it would look to take my LX spoiler off and put the GT one on. I bet the difference in paint would be much different after 16 years.

That's a good reason. I hated having to take the spoiler off of mine to get the junk out from under it. Plus it makes it nice for when you wash the car, water dont keep trickling out from under it after you dry it 20 times. I dunno how it would look to take my LX spoiler off and put the GT one on. I bet the difference in paint would be much different after 16 years.

Exactly! Even after a few 0 to 70 or 80 MPH blasts, I STILL had water dripping from the old LX spoiler! :bang:

Swapping out the spoiler only is not an easy job, as there are many more holes on the LX hatch that would have to be filled, and then the whole thing repainted. Plus, the LX hatches may not be painted under the spoiler. At least mine was not!

one of my jobs is in a mall and some kid that used to work at sears had a red GT that he was fixing up. i'm assuming the car got hit or something because it had a black primer fender, no side skirts and an LX rear bumper. he still had the GT spoiler and tail lights, front bumper and turbines on it though. aside from being a fixer-upper, i thought the overall appearance of the LX bumper and GT spoiler looked cool. it was different and not in a bad way. i say go for it!