Gt To Lx Or Notchback

Grigory

Jun 16, 2013
Hello all,

I apologize if this was discussed already - I used the search function but wasn't able to find an answer. Has anybody taken a 87-93 GT and made it look like a LX or notchback? Definitely seems possible and I'm sure someone has some details for me.

Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

Lx to gt and gt to lx swaps probably happen weekly, simply swap both bumpers and all trim.

Swapping roof lines however is a major undertaking and not worth it unless you got a 10k cage in one or something similar.

T-top conversions are common also

Thanks for the feedback! The spoiler would need to be changed as well, assuming that's possible but may leave some awkward holes?

Sorry I don't understand your roof lines reference, assuming that's in regards to the notchback conversion?

Thanks for the feedback! The spoiler would need to be changed as well, assuming that's possible but may leave some awkward holes?

Sorry I don't understand your roof lines reference, assuming that's in regards to the notchback conversion?
You do understand the difference between a hatchback (gt, lx) and a coupe/notchback, right? I understand why people would want to change trim styles, people are always converting to Cobra.

GT and LX are both hatchbacks - notchback just has a trunk. I don't like making assumptions that's why I asked for clarification.

Regardless I have my answers, thank you for the assistance Billison!

When I said the lx hatch I was referring to the actual hatch. The lx wing had bolts in the center while the gt is only at the center.

Normally I just encourage people to sell or trade for what they want. These cars are plentiful and lots of people want something different. Check out foxbody Addicts on Facebook.

When I said the lx hatch I was referring to the actual hatch. The lx wing had bolts in the center while the gt is only at the center.

Normally I just encourage people to sell or trade for what they want. These cars are plentiful and lots of people want something different. Check out foxbody Addicts on Facebook.
I think you meant the GT wing only has holes on the left and right sides of the wing. There are two each side I think.