GT vs. Mach 1

• Sponsors (?)

[QUOTE='66 coupe]It's not the same engine.
The Mach I engine is a naturally aspirated 32 valve 4.6. Same engine as the Mercury Marauder and Cobra, 'cept the Cobra is supercharged.[/QUOTE]
The mach 1 engine isnt the same as the 03 or 01 cobra engine. The mach has different cams and heads. The 03 has a different crank forged internals so on, the only thing thats the same about all the engines is the displacement and that all three have 4 valves.

blubullitt said:
The mach 1 engine isnt the same as the 03 or 01 cobra engine. The mach has different cams and heads. The 03 has a different crank forged internals so on, the only thing thats the same about all the engines is the displacement and that all three have 4 valves.

True. But I was just giving him a general answer as to why the Mach I is rated higher than the GT.
I mean you don't hear me telling people with 3.3 Fairmonts that my '66 has a different engine because it has different exhaust valves. :shrug:

PLus, I like pointing out the fact that you can get the 32v 4.6 in a Crown Vic's body. :drool: I want a Marauder so bad.

i really want a mach 1, i was gonna buy one here a few months back put but i figuerd it up and my partime job couldn't stand the hike in payments, insurance and gas costs... There gonna be worth some money someday seeing how this seems to be like a one time deal.