GT Winter Driving

Hello All,

I've been thinking about picking up a 2003 GT for the last while and was wondering if anyone could give me some info on what driving it in the winter would be like. It would be my daily driver and I really need to know how it will handle once it gets a little slippery out. Am I going to be sliding everywhere or is it manageable? Thanks in advance.

Sedgr

• Sponsors (?)

I have an '02 GT Convertible, and with Blizzaks and Traction Control, it's the best winter car I've ever had. Way better than my Taurus for example.

The days of parking your Mustang for the winter in Canada due to drivability are gone.

-Matthew

Ya, I'm not driving my 04 GT in the winter but I used to drive my 99 V6 and it had TC and I had Blizzacks, very good combo! I also use Blizzacks on my 89 4 cyl for winter and even that thing isn't terrible. Nothing compared to a new Stang but tires are the key!

80% of the time winter is fine. It's just those few icy days where you might have trouble; which can be compared to the rainy days of the summer. Just remember, if your revving at 3 grand and only going 10 km/h, YOU HAVE NO TRACTION! God I love that feeling.....

Tried driving the '85 GT I had a few years back (with many near death experiences ensuing) and just make sure u got some decent skinny tires goin and and your posi/limited slip isn't that bad (shouldn't be cause your car so new) I had to drive my 87 (stock) a couple times in the winter, and that was fine w/ 225 cooper cobras on it but the speed density didn't like the -40C that day :(

15" rims?

SO will regular 15's (like off an older grand marquis for example) fit the front of a 94 GT? I have heard the brakes on a GT are to big for 15's but from the previous post, it leads me to think otherwise. Thanks.