GT Wrecked!! What to do!!

Thanks for all the help guys....lots of interesting stuff.

Yes, the car is totally paid off, and I'm not in debt or anything like that. For the hundreth time, yes, I wish I had full coverage....lets not beat a dead horse.

A bit on the damage.....The collision wasn't horrible the front clip is bent about 6 inches to a foot over to the right. The engine is fine. I guess its a testament to how well built our cars are....

It seems like the consensus is to find a V6. Does anyone know exactly what can be swapped over? I have the engine, ecu, tranny, suspension, and just about everything else on the car except the hood, bumper, and front fenders. If I get a V6 shell, can I put this stuff in? I wanted to even change out the dash, interior seats, etc.

About the VIN......would the new car use the V6 VIN? Could I use the VIN off my original V8 mustang?

Thanks all

• Sponsors (?)

You shouldn't touch the vin numbers. You'll definatly want to use the V6 vin number because the body and chassis are coming from it. There are vin numbers stamped all around the body, but there shouldn't be any on the parts you'll swap out like the engine, transmission and wheels. Besides, tampering with the vins is illegal.

I still think you need an aftermarket K-member and might as well get new suspension and brakes if needed at the time. All your ECU and stuff should come right out of the 8 and into the 6.