GT40P heads and BBK LTs

RYC CUKR

Founding Member
May 19, 2002
Orlando
Anyone running this combo?

I have a set of P heads on my 93 and I am slowly swapping parts over from it to my 88. The 93 has a set of P heads on it and I am thinking about swapping them over to the 88 but I am going to run a set of BBK LTs and don't want to run into any big interference issues. If it ends up being that I need 90* plug boots that fine I just don't want to have to pull headers to change plugs.

• Sponsors (?)

I saw that you had the shorties on in your pics.

I can't wait to see some times from your car.

We took the 88 out to the track last night and the results were disappointing to say the least. I couldn't find the sweet spot to launch it at and it would either bog or spin really bad. went 15.3@94mph and a 2.547 60' thats right 2.547 seconds to go 60'. I need to get the suspension swapped off the 93 and the on the 88 ASAP.

I am really leaning towards pulling the p heads off the 93, having them ported and putting them on the 88. Since I already have the heads I can just put the E7s I pull off the 88 back on the 93.

Hey let me know if that setup works for you. I have BBK LT's in my 88 now and am looking to throw on a set of GT40p's. I head that some years of the P's are different, some the plugs come out at differnet angles. I don't want to pick up a set of heads that i can't use with my exhaust.