GTO or STANG GT Mind Made Up

topless beach said:
Quit analyzing; quit obsessing over #'s and statistics. Look at the cars-drive the cars and make the decision like you would when you choose a woman.
QUOTE]

I like my women with big dirty round bubble butts and yams that could feed a family of eight.

How much for one of those?

• Sponsors (?)

dozlert said:
C'mon, beauty is in the eye of the beholder! I love my GTO, especially the 04. The 05 isn't too bad, especially the split exhaust. And fwiw, the new stang does look pretty sharp compared to their past cars (I like the Mach 1). I don't know if it is pulling too many folks away from the GTOs, but it is definitely luring folks away from their SRT-4s.

:lol: Must admit, that 04 has got to be the prettiest GTO ever built! :rlaugh: Man, you're on the money! Split exhaust is pretty nice on the 05 GTO, but not near as sharp as the 04's. :banana: :banana: Regarding the Mustang, your're right on the money again! :nice: The 05 does look pretty sharp compared to the past Mustangs. Confused though :shrug: When referencing the Mach 1, I assume you meant the 1969, right? That's an old one. Or did you mean the recent version :shrug: And I doubt the 05GT is pulling many buyers away from the new GTO's. I mean, look at the shear number of sales the GTO's are racking up - absolutely amazing! Gosh. I bet I could go down to the Ford dealership and pick out a GT from every color they produce. I hear they arn't selling to well :( Fortunately for me, I ordered my GT the first week of December 04. :cheers:

P.S. Doc - you crack me up! I don't care what the other forums say about you - you're :nice:

Just got back from my local ford dealer and he's taking off $300 on the Sticker on a 2006 gt and giving me a fair price for my 2003 Mustang Gt with the kelley blue book.
Do you think with the X-Plan i will get a better deal or will they try and screw me on my tradein?
Hate to really run around but if i can save another $1000 it will be worth it.
And i guess $300 under sticker is better then $2000 over...Johnny

05Stangster said:
:lol: Must admit, that 04 has got to be the prettiest GTO ever built! :rlaugh: Man, you're on the money! Split exhaust is pretty nice on the 05 GTO, but not near as sharp as the 04's. :banana: :banana: Regarding the Mustang, your're right on the money again! :nice: The 05 does look pretty sharp compared to the past Mustangs. Confused though :shrug: When referencing the Mach 1, I assume you meant the 1969, right? That's an old one. Or did you mean the recent version :shrug: And I doubt the 05GT is pulling many buyers away from the new GTO's. I mean, look at the shear number of sales the GTO's are racking up - absolutely amazing! Gosh. I bet I could go down to the Ford dealership and pick out a GT from every color they produce. I hear they arn't selling to well :( Fortunately for me, I ordered my GT the first week of December 04. :cheers:

P.S. Doc - you crack me up! I don't care what the other forums say about you - you're :nice:

Doc...thanks for letting me throw myself to the wolves. Check this guy who got rid of the GT for the GTO...sure you guys are reading your whole forum. http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=558265&highlight=gto You are correct about the 04s...they did not sell well and mustangs will always outsell them. Enough said. I was only addressing the fact that many of the owners like their 04 GTOs' looks. See the original post I replied to. :bang:

hmmmmm.... i dunno. i went to my local pontiac dealer yesterday. i have to say, that car looks MUCH better in person. he only had one Goat. it was a black-on-black beauty, but with AT. my initial impression is that the build quality of the car is much better than the stang. of course, for about $4K more than the stang i would want, i would expect that. the material quality on the interior is superior to the new mustang, esp. the leather. REAL nice, thick leather and quality stitiching. i wasn't impressed by the leather in the mustang at all. hell, my focus has better leather!

only thing i like better with the stang is the headroom. i just couldn't get the seat in a position where i felt quite right. with a little more playing around, i could have figured it out, but the manager kept trying to get a car salesman over to me after i told him i was only looking and not interested in buying until sometime next summer.

oh well. i still have a whole year or so to figure this all out. all i know is that my trip to the delaer definetely has me giving the GTO a second look.

Mike

I thought i would ratter have a GTO with its 400hp 6 speed nicer interior.But when I got to the dealer i really had second thoughts about the car.
I could not see myself driving it even if it had 400hps in it.
I want a car that looks SHARP and not a sleeper.
So there will be many more stangs then GTOs in years to come but i am sure you will enjoy the stang a lot more.Johnny

Well, it is really what grabs you by the cahones that you should pick. I used to like a 66 Belvedere w/383, 4-speed, and 4 bbl carb. Ugly-assed car...but she was a bitch I would drive. To each his own...

whiteboyslo said:
hmmmmm.... i dunno. i went to my local pontiac dealer yesterday. i have to say, that car looks MUCH better in person. he only had one Goat. it was a black-on-black beauty, but with AT. my initial impression is that the build quality of the car is much better than the stang. of course, for about $4K more than the stang i would want, i would expect that. the material quality on the interior is superior to the new mustang, esp. the leather. REAL nice, thick leather and quality stitiching. i wasn't impressed by the leather in the mustang at all. hell, my focus has better leather!

only thing i like better with the stang is the headroom. i just couldn't get the seat in a position where i felt quite right. with a little more playing around, i could have figured it out, but the manager kept trying to get a car salesman over to me after i told him i was only looking and not interested in buying until sometime next summer.

oh well. i still have a whole year or so to figure this all out. all i know is that my trip to the delaer definetely has me giving the GTO a second look.

Mike

Take your time and pick something you want. I didn't like the slow moving seat motor of the GTO, but I did like the room in the rear seat.

dozlert said:
Take your time and pick something you want. I didn't like the slow moving seat motor of the GTO, but I did like the room in the rear seat.

oh believe me, i'm gonna take all the time in the world. i want to save up about $15K for a fat down payment. that should take me until about late next summer when the rebates will be kicking in (hopefully). until then, i'll be back and forth between a few of 'em. mainly, i'm looking at the big 3 that most seem to be looking at: Mustang GT, GTO, and the G35 Coupe 6MT. i'm already driving the gf nuts with this stuff. hopefully she'll stay with me long enough to ride in the passenger seat, lol!

right now, i'm leaning towards the Goat. ask me tomorrow, and who knows?

Mike

:banana:
dozlert said:
Doc...thanks for letting me throw myself to the wolves. Check this guy who got rid of the GT for the GTO...sure you guys are reading your whole forum. http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=558265&highlight=gto You are correct about the 04s...they did not sell well and mustangs will always outsell them. Enough said. I was only addressing the fact that many of the owners like their 04 GTOs' looks. See the original post I replied to. :bang:

Dozlert, this is a tough crowd! The only reason that the wolves don't attack me is because I have the :lock: power!!!

I remember watching SNL with Ron Regan Jr. hosting and him saying that the 2nd most powerful man in the world was him! I like to say that a GTO owner with moderator power on a stang forum is like being the 2nd most powerful person here only to Stang owner moderators, like Duner, Tyler, ect!!!

As Mel Brooks use to say "It's good to be the king!" :hail2:

Also, I love the look of my car and even though it's understated I still get compliments almost everyday and the younger rice crowd respect me at the track because they know I will take their heads off on the track! :nono:

Don't sweat it, I understand your situation. I like many models of cars and always try to keep up w/the competition. I didn't fare too well w/ a modded cobra at the 1/8th track this weekend. Must...buy...more...mods!

dozlert said:
BTW, how come my post counts never go up...should be about 30-50 I would think...hmmm. They might add credibility.

On stangnet any posts in "talk" forums do not add to your total post count. You need to spend some time in the tech areas! I should have over 800 or so by now but . . .

Why can't an American manufacturer put it all together at the same time? The GTO has an awesome motor but its exterior bores many; the stang has an exterior to die for but leaves a little to be desired on the interior.

I just hope that GM doesn't abandon the goat like they do so many cars when the sales #'s don't measure up initially. If GM cleaned up the GTO exterior and kept the price down we would have a competition like the old stang vs camaro days.

Competition will generate a better breed of stang!

topless beach said:
Why can't an American manufacturer put it all together at the same time? The GTO has an awesome motor but its exterior bores many; the stang has an exterior to die for but leaves a little to be desired on the interior.

I just hope that GM doesn't abandon the goat like they do so many cars when the sales #'s don't measure up initially. If GM cleaned up the GTO exterior and kept the price down we would have a competition like the old stang vs camaro days.

Competition will generate a better breed of stang!

Hey, hey, hey...you have to save some room for the aftermarkerket boys! LOL Well, I think for the price we are all getting a pretty good value. Remember, some mini-vans run into the $40K mark.

Hey guys!! I never seen the GTO look this good before.. I guess the wheels make all the difference.. Put 400HP under the hood, and this is a difficult decision.. You gotta admit, this orange GTO looks FAT!! I didnt like them before either but look at this pic!

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...mages?q=2005+gto&hl=en&lr=&oi=imagesr&start=3

Here is part of the problem with the GTO guys.. Most of us see the car like this, and not like the Orange one.. This silver one is Butt ugly.. But honestly, I would buy the Orange one...

http://www.seriouswheels.com/top-2005-Pontiac-GTO.htm

Actually, after seeing the Orange pic, I take back my ugly comments from other threads here.. This orange one is sick.. Knowing that it has 400HP would make all the difference in the world come purchase day..

Dont get me wrong, I love the Mustangs, but if power is what you wanted when you left the dealership, then the GTO would make you think twice, looking the way the orange one does..

topless beach said:
Quit analyzing; quit obsessing over #'s and statistics. Look at the cars-drive the cars and make the decision like you would when you choose a woman.

It's an emotional decision not a logical decision. Choose the car that excites you, not the one that has a few more HP or a little better price.

Well Said! And like a women, 2 years after you'll wished you picked the other one, no matter which one you choose.!!!

Dr. Black said:
Well Said! And like a women, 2 years after you'll wished you picked the other one, no matter which one you choose.!!!

lol, you guys are funny! Like women, pick your cars for the long haul...an investment (because you will mod it) to keep. Buy the good quality parts and take care of her.