Guess This Future Pinewood Derby Model!!

• Sponsors (?)

I honestly (ok, don't believe me... haha) glanced at that sketch for 1 second and new exactly what car it was. My dad had one growing up and I always thought those lines on that car are one of a kind, no car has a "faster-back" than the 71-73 fastbacks. Props to you RC for getting the sketch scaled down and still maintaining the cars lines.

94MustangGT5.0 said:
I honestly (ok, don't believe me... haha) glanced at that sketch for 1 second and new exactly what car it was. My dad had one growing up and I always thought those lines on that car are one of a kind, no car has a "faster-back" than the 71-73 fastbacks. Props to you RC for getting the sketch scaled down and still maintaining the cars lines.
Thanks man....especially since I (no kidding) SUCK at art :lol:

Here's what I did:

Took a pic of the car.
Copied on to a blank slide on Power Point
Used the free form trace tool to trace the outline.
Deleted the original picture.
Then used the "resize" button to size the outline down until it fit on the piece of wood.

Then, I held the outline over the block of wood, and used a sharpie to place a small dot on the paper wherever a major turn in the outline began. The Sharpie ink seaped through the white paper and left a dot on the wood.

Then, I just connected the dots (using a sketch motion) with a fine pencil.

I LOVE COMPUTERS!!!

RC

Here's an update.

The wheels unfortunately are going to look disproportionate, because Im not allowed to make them smaller. I just put the black paint on today and dry fit the parts. I need to wet sand then a final black coat, then the silver striping, then glue the parts on.

Now, because I cant make a flip open hood, I decided to just cut a hole for the engine bay, and have that piece stick out. Because it was hard to sand the inside, I bought some shiny foil tape, and when Im done painting, Im going to drop in the foil tape, then glue the engine parts in.

RC
attachment.php

Attachments

• Mach 4.jpg
    Mach 4.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 82
Black95GTS said:
The mad doctor will put it back together.

Good work, I wish my stang had paint that looked that clean!

adam
Thanks...and Ive just begun with the paint...sill have to wet sand and repaint.

As far as nitrous goes...I have a 5oz wt limit, and Im almost there now. WIth my car weight, 2 hp should make it FLY!!!

RC