Gum on paint

pumpkinfish

Apr 1, 2005
Philly Area
I need help!!! I went down to Ocean City NJ yesterday and some animal at the rest stop smeared gum all over the place. Of course I don't catch them in the act to handle it properly. I am still hot about this!

What is the best way to remove gum without damaging the paint?

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks guys. I used the Goo Gone and it worked like a charm! The funny thing is I never go to Jersey because they are the one state that charges you to leave! The one time I go to make the wife happy and I get this hassle. At least it is ammo for the next time she asks me ;)

Had that happen but they where nice enough not to spread it, just stuck one to my hood and one on my windshield. :rolleyes:

Was going to the movies and there is a ricer hang out there at an arcade. I had a bad feeling about that from the beginning. Just confirms my beliefs on the type of a$$hats they are and cowards. Like to see them come up and stick gum on me. :mad:

Ricers make me giggle.

Anyone seen that Scion xA commercial with the two guys all happy about their car?

That made me snicker like none other. I hope it comes on so I can point and laugh some more.

Goo Gone is the ****, spray it on, wait 30 seconds, wipe and rinse.

I had this happen when I drove thru the local park(company picnic), someone thru gum out and my rear tire picked it up and slung it all over the rear fender of the car.

klous said:
Goo Gone is the ****, spray it on, wait 30 seconds, wipe and rinse.

I had this happen when I drove thru the local park(company picnic), someone thru gum out and my rear tire picked it up and slung it all over the rear fender of the car.

I tought I was the only one who had experienced "Gum Spray" LOL! Mine came off he front wheel and was all down the side...

pumpkinfish said:
Thanks guys. I used the Goo Gone and it worked like a charm! The funny thing is I never go to Jersey because they are the one state that charges you to leave! The one time I go to make the wife happy and I get this hassle. At least it is ammo for the next time she asks me ;)

Hehe Pennsylvania charges you a "Privelage to Work in Pennsylvania Tax" $50!!! Yeah such a privelage.