guys with 4.6 w/ headers in here

mr_heatmonsta

Dec 4, 2003
I have a friend with a 2003 MACH 1, bone stock. He's planning on installing BBK's new full length headers with the matching off road x pipe. what else will he need for the complete install? (o2 sims, gaskets, etc...)

thanks in advance!

• Sponsors (?)

mr_heatmonsta said:
I have a friend with a 2003 MACH 1, bone stock. He's planning on installing BBK's new full length headers with the matching off road x pipe. what else will he need for the complete install? (o2 sims, gaskets, etc...)

thanks in advance!

O2 extenders, MIL Elims, I reused my gaskets and the factory studs/nuts.
Get some Anti-seize for the re-install. I suggest chasing the threads on the Headers because of the ceramic coating.

Also I would do the cat back since you didn't mention it..

Matt

I'd get a tune since he is adding longtubes and off road X.. that will keep the A/F good and turn off the rear 02 sensors all in one.. but it'll probably be about 400-500 bucks.

- DM MIL Eliminators $60 +/-
- DM O2 extenders $35
- Stage 8 Locking Header Bolts $45
- New Factory OEM Gaskets $65+
- Custom Tune $50-100

^^ This is what I got with my Longtubes

Inertia, thanks for the reply. So you are saying he wont need o2 simulators, but WILL need the MIL eliminators instead? I assume the off road x pipe will have o2 sensor bungs like the headers will and that he will still need to use all four o2 sensors after the install...correct me if Im wrong.

thanks again!

Mil eliminators and o2 simulators are the same thing, well, they do the same thing. I made my own mil eliminators and spent about $3.00 roughly.If you want to go that route i'll hook you up with the diagram. really simple, just a resistor and cap on each side on the rear o2's.