Hanging idle

SonicStangGT

Mar 18, 2008
King, North Carolina
Ok i already did the IAC trick that I found in a search on stangnet and it worked untill the computer learned what I was doing. Now the computer is setting a high idle speed code and it seems that the IAC trick only works for a little bit. If I clear the code it seems to work fine, but after a little time goes by, it starts to idle high again and then the light comes back on. Also do I need a tune with the mods I have. I have never really had a tune but now my anderson pms took a dive, so I hope thats not my problem. Thanks for any help.

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the info. I guess once things pick up I'll have to buy me a new tuner and head to the dyno. My pms just stopped working and I've already shipped it back once since I bought it to be fixed. The sreen lights up, but never shows anything. It cost me $175 last time to get fixed, so I'am not to sure its worth fixing again and again, plus not many people use them.

Been running this way since brand new. Never had any problems till about a year ago when I tried to install the comp 278's and had PTVC. So for the past year I have been through a bunch of crap with work and trying to put the motor back together. Finally got the motor back together and it has this idle. But I fixed the other day. I just had to reset the idle, and now I have no problems. I have had my car on a dyno but the guy who tuned it didnt due a very good job. He is new to the tuning world. Once I get my cams and a new tuner I am going to go get a tune. Where did you get your car tuned 98stangv8. I was thinking of going to Pro-dyno in Fort Mill, S.C. Ever heard of them.