hard alarm thing Q

murphmaster5

Oct 2, 2005
PA
okay i need help on this when i bought my car there was this gay alarm type thing under the stering colum it doesnt make any noise or anything, Its a chip that pulls out and when you pull it out the car wont start and when you put it back in your reddy to go, I dont want this cause could make problems in the future if lost or broken, I tried to folow the wires but there like 5 and they go all over the place.
I know this is kinda a hard question but if any one is familiar with this it would help alot.

• Sponsors (?)

Do you have a pic? Is the chip red and is it only needed to start the car? And is there a little red light on the housing under the dash that flashes fast after you install the chip?

no sorry i dont have a diggi cam, No light it looks real old school, I think it has a
power
ground
ignition switch wire
and there like two more that im not sure of
im thinking i might just put the chip in then apoxy it like crazy and shuve it up under the dash and be done.

The chip might act like a bridge to connect the wires. If you can trace and note the wiring and find one wire that looks cut, it could be the crank wire (it is white/pink up by the ignition switch. From there it goes on down to the clutch safety switch as I recall). So you could reconnect that one wire and be in business if you can discern that this is the case.

Or for simplicity, your idea should work fine. Or if you can figure out which two wires it connects, run a jumper from one wire the other. That way, if the chip fell out, the circuit is still in tact via your jumper.

Good luck.

the 5 wires you probably have are power, ground, ignition and 2 starter wires. Your starter wire is probably cut and each wire out of this module goes to each side. Just cut this module out and reconnect the starter wire. This sounds like one of the most basic types of starter kills out there.