hard to shift after th-storm

cooper

Dec 9, 2005
yesterday after work i drove through very hard and fast rain storm. nomaly going about 40 mph on the HW hitting the normal big puddles and sutch , trying to go down the road, but still slow enugh to be safe at speed. then driving through local roads very slow with 2-guesing 8 inches of standing- river like water. after leaving meeting my girl on the way home it was real hard to get the trany in to shift, even into first gear sitting at a red light? some times the trany would shift normaly ,but sometimes it would feel like it was in gear but wasnt, it needed (the shifter) needed about 1/2 inch to be completley in gear. sometimes it would pop out of gear when shifting. well i was thinking waybe water got into the trany, so today i had it drained and re-filled at a local lube shop, and it's still the same, well sometimes?? im also thinking maybe the clutch absorbed some water and its sogy and fat? the shop said the fluid did not look bad, but it had 35000mi so it needed to be changed anyways. any thoughts , oh its a 2000 gt , t 45 i guess. thanx

• Sponsors (?)

Mine had gotten pretty stubborn over time, doing the same things you had mentioned. I ended up putting in a new clutch, pressure plate, throwout and pilot bearings, clutch fork and ball pivot, adjustable quad, and resurfaced the flywheel, and it' the best trans I have ever shifted now. It all made quite a difference, especially with the speedshifting I have to do now with the 4.56s.