Has anyone actually used the K40 Laser jammer

Had a cop this morning roll down his window to shoot me with radar....I wanted to slam on the brakes and wave then burn out in front of him. Too bad the road was wet and it wouldn't have been a spectacular show...

• Sponsors (?)

The X-40 is an active jammer and is illegal in almost every state. That is why they hide them so well with the transmitter in the license plate frame or hidden in the front grill........The problem is that they keep coming out with new types of radar and the X40 is only effective against a few of them. They are better than detectors as the instant on radar guns get their readings just as your detector says they are clocking you.....BUSTED....They outta come out with a jammer that frys any type of radar gun being pointed at you....Then we wouldn't have to worry about it.

I CAN'T DRIVE 55..................................... :spot: :spot: :spot:

paver1 said:
I CAN'T DRIVE 55..................................... :spot: :spot: :spot:

:stupid: BTW, detectors suck too...i cant tell you how many time my cobra (sopposed to be the best) has gone off...i look back or to the side of the road and hes already clocking me. Its a great idea, but by the time it goes off, the pig is already reading you. :fuss:

AirWolf87 said:
:stupid: BTW, detectors suck too...i cant tell you how many time my cobra (sopposed to be the best) has gone off...i look back or to the side of the road and hes already clocking me. Its a great idea, but by the time it goes off, the pig is already reading you. :fuss:
Don't be in the front of the pack then, let others go first. When he clocks them, you'll know and you can slow down. He may still skip them and clock you, but it's a better chance he'll clock someone in the front first.

If it's laser, you're screwed.

There's a lot of confusion in this thread.

I don't know what an X-40 is, but the K-40 is a LASER diffuser, not a radar jammer. As a couple people have said, laser diffusers are not regulated by anyone and, I'm pretty sure, not illegal anywhere.

The initial question remains: anyone using one? If not, you're not helping this thread.

JCKnife said:

I don't know what an X-40 is, but the K-40 is a LASER diffuser, not a radar jammer. As a couple people have said, laser diffusers are not regulated by anyone and, I'm pretty sure, not illegal anywhere.

The initial question remains: anyone using one? If not, you're not helping this thread.
ttt

Here is my opinion on this... Where I live only State Troopers use radar! I got pulled over 78 in a 40 dropped to 60 in a 40... State Troopers NICE!!! TOWN CLOWNS AND University Po Po another story... I had a RECKLESS DRIVING!!! 6 month suspension of my driving priviledge... He was driving around a development and heard me and looked and could tell from one point to another i was going over 100 and then scratched off that on the ticket in front of me and wrote 90... I had a careless driving by the university ******... 60 70 or 80 in a 15 and had a friend following me and my friend got a warning... He drives a civic... But I am 20 and havent got pulled over for over 2 years!!! When I speed its out in the country! Jammers dont work and radar detectors tell you to A. Pull over your caught or B. You better get movin!!!

I by no means drive the speedlimit, but I try to drive smart, let stupid ricers get the tickets and drive by happy knowing yet another cop is busy with a sticker happy weenie.
BTW my GF has a detector, yet has more tickets than I can count and only 4 pts left on her liscense. I have never used a radar detector and have 0 tickets. Got pulled over a lot in my 67 but the cops always were more interested in what was under the hood than my infractions. I'm kockin on some serious wood here, dont want to fry my luck, but just saying radar detectors let ya know when to get the fake tears ready, they dont usually save you from the cop.

JCKnife said:

Confusion? More like mis-information. I own a K-40 undetectable system with front and rear X, K, and Ka detectors that mount under the grille and inside the rear bumper trim respectively. I do not use the K-40 laser diffusor, mainly because it is out of date technologically speaking. Instead, I use a Blinder Laser Jammer that is interfaced with the K-40 unit. It has a pair of "eyes" that mount under the front grille on either side of the K-40 detector box. It has no rear units or protection. It has yet to detect / jam a single laser signal in AZ. That being said, the Blinder saved my butt numerous times in Dallas, where Laser guns are very common. Interestingly enough, I think the Blinder unit I have is now somewhat outdated and unable to accurately detect and jam all of the latest Laser signals.

I've driven with detectors for many years now. You have to exercise some common sense. The unit I have now has approximately 4 miles of detection coverage in the front and the rear of the vehicle. I TRUST it! If your detector goes off non-stop, you begin to ignore it. If you're the only guy on the road for 4 miles, you're gonna' get a ticket. The K-40s are the ONLY units I'll use. Incidentally, a buddy of mine has the Valentine 2, and he has had very good luck with it. I hope this helps.

You have to know how to use a detector. You will never catch "instant on" radar until it is too late unless you drive smart. Riding by yourself is a no-no. Let some other dummy ride the front door. That way you will get a warning as he is clocking those in front of you.

Laser is easy to avoid. The officer has to have you in sight and in front of you which means you can see him. Learn to scan down the road instead of what is 20 feet in front of you. I've been doing in excess of 90 when I spot a suspicious object on the side of the road and had time to slow to the limit before the detector went off. BTW...laser detectors are useless because once it goes off you are already caught. You will not even get a warning from cars in front of you because the lasers beam is directed soley at the vehicle being clocked.

coramprat said:
BTW...laser detectors are useless because once it goes off you are already caught. You will not even get a warning from cars in front of you because the lasers beam is directed soley at the vehicle being clocked.

Agreed, this is why you need a laser jammer / detector. A good one should give you a heads up while it is jamming the signal, allowing you to slow down to posted speed and then turn it off so you pass undetected. I have actually seen an officer looking at his gun like WTF as I passed him.