Having trouble getting rear axle housing out

BlackBaer5.0

Nov 26, 2003
I am removing my 8.8 from another 91 mustang 5.0 , these bolts have not been touched in 19 years since the only mods are kaufman LCA and poly bushings, I never had this much trouble with mine

I have removed everything ( shocks, brake line to chassis, and quad shocks,driveshaft)

except the damn lower and upper control arms,

So far I have removed the outer nut from the passenger LCA mount to axle
however the bolt will not budge !!! I am able to turn the bolt but it will slide,hammer,puller, slide hammer off, or even sledge hammer out. I dont want to use heat since Im so near fuel, but I might have to.
I think the bolt is seized to the metal tube in the LCA,

In frustration I moved on to the UCA, I am able to rotate the bolt with my elec impact , but the nut is frozen, I am going to put together a longer lever, I'll let you know if I lift up the car.. :D Anyone know the size of the nut on the UCA bolts,.

Any suggestions would be great

I need air tools!!! Grrrr

• Sponsors (?)

I am a believer in pb blaster, I have had them all soaking in several coats of it since yesterday,

Im going to start on the other end (chassis mounts side), seeing how bad those are,

If its a trouble, I may just sawz-all the the uca and lca arms off, then cut-off-wheel the arm mounts that are left.

The goal is to replace all the arms with a 3link and torque arms set up anyhow,

I was hoping to not use destructive force..

any suggestion or trick to getting the bolts out of the LCA to axle mount ?

maybe I need some air tools and a plasma torch :)

well I got the upper control arms off, as Archimedes once said, "give me a lever and a beer large enough....and I'll get that bolt off a '91 mustang control arm. "

I think Im going to cut the Kaufman LCAs in half , unless someone can figure a way to get the bolt out. You can have the arms if you want.. :-D