Havn't been around for a while...

flstang65

10 Year Member
Dec 6, 2007
SE Georgia
Just wanted to check in and see what I have missed since I have been gone since about July or so. Latest news: got married, went back to school and Ole Blue turned 250,000.

This past weekend I went to crew for a friend running in the Camping World East race at Dover and his 2006 F250 extended cab 4x4 broke down. I was following him in my Explorer with just over 250,000 on the odo (I love this truck!). We were stranded on I 85 just south of Raleigh when we had to do something to get the truck off the highway. So, what would be the most illogical thing to do? We took the Explorer and hooked it up to his fully loaded truck, which was still attached to the trailer that had the car and all the gear in it, I put the Explorer into 4wd low and the tranny in 1st gear and creeped it all up the off ramp, which was only about 100 yards in front of us, and then another 1/4 mile down the road to a church. 2 1/2 hours later we got a new truck and made it into Dover at about 4:30. Fun times.

• Sponsors (?)

Glad to see you back. Congrats on the marriage. Does your Explorer have the ohv or sohc V6? I have the ohv one in my Mazda B4000. I only have 113000 on mine and I love this engine. It's very quiet and easy to maintane. Welcome back. Pearl02.

OHV 4.0 The only thing we have had to do to it is routine maintenance, a couple batteries and one alternator. Just like typical Ford fashion, I have to replace 2 of the window motors. My mom had a 97 with the SOHC 4.0 and we had more issues with that one than the OHV. Mine is a 99 XLS.

I've had to replace a couple of batteries. I just recently had to replace the coolant sensor. I also had to replace the slave cylinder. It was leaking and causing shifting problems. I dropped the tranny and replaced all the clutch parts while I was in there. Pearl02.