Head Experts?

• Sponsors (?)

igotyofire said:
Which aluminum heads other then AFR dont require different valve covers and longer pushrods, in otherwords which heads could u reuse everything?

Also a pair of ported gt40s could expectidly flow around what cfm?

I think most of the popular heads out there will do what you want to do.

Know that if you go this route you will always have to use ped mount rockers.

Later
Grady

igotyofire said:
studmount is what people recommend right, being alot easier ?

The reason I went with stud mount is they are a little stronger, more stable at high rpm, and offer a variable amount of valve adjustment with ease.

They do cost a bit more than ped mount due to needing guide plates and hardned pr's.

They usually will not fit under the stock vc's.

Later
Grady

igotyofire said:
studmount is what people recommend right, being alot easier ?
stud mount rockers are definitely not easier. they require quite a bit more work to adjust them properly. in fact, even after following all the guides on how to do it, i always had valvetrain noise and tapping after adjusting the stud mount rockers. the procedure is considerably more complicated (to me at least). i can however adjust pedestal mounts in about 10 minutes with my eyes closed.

Green 94 5.0 said:
stud mount rockers are definitely not easier. they require quite a bit more work to adjust them properly. in fact, even after following all the guides on how to do it, i always had valvetrain noise and tapping after adjusting the stud mount rockers. the procedure is considerably more complicated (to me at least). i can however adjust pedestal mounts in about 10 minutes with my eyes closed.

arent all of the twisted wedge heads stud mount? dont belive ive seen pedastal offered....eh i dunno which style of head i will need..mine is going to be a street application, not making any serious hp over 300 if that ever,my mechanic is very good so adjusting i dont think will be an issue