header steering shaft clearance

• Sponsors (?)

I had the same problem back in the day. If I remember my motor mounts were worn out causing the motor to be lower than normal. My headers were slightly rubbing. I replaced the motor mount and it has been fine since. Maybe this will help.

My car did the same thing,rubbing a little,and I just GENTLY tapped the header with a hammer and bent the header in just enough for it to clear the steering shaft,,barley.I didn't want to obstruct the exhaust flow.If I didn't tell anyone I clearanced the header,no-one would know.

Mine didn't hit when i installed them about 3 years ago, but they do now, but only when i'm deep into the gas and turning at the same time (so the engine is torquing over to the side).

Solution? Sometimes new motor mounts don't do it. My buddy had this problem and installed new mounts....had to get out the BFH and put a nice big dent into the primary.

i had the same problem when i installed 1 5/8 bbk ceramic coated equal lengths. my motor mounts were new. i thaught it was the p/s pump changed that. checked all the lines. i was ready to change the rack, it felt like i had no power steering. but finaly noticed it rubbing, it was a horrible sight but i took a hammer to a brand new set of headers, and solved the problem. good luck