headers for 94-95 cars

• Sponsors (?)

well im deleting all the smog/emission crap off the car and i was wondering when i get the headers do i order them for 87-93 5.0 so i dont have that tube...or will i run into fitment issues?

Yes you can just order the 87-93s. The only diff is the bung welded in for the egr, but since your getting rid of the smog crap, your good to go.

really... thats not what i wanted to hear...i was just planning on cleaning out the bay and driving it next summer...because paints coming first...then in the fall i wanted to begin the build.....so i will need to get two different tunes???? maybe i wont touch anything.

i have all that **** deleted and dont run a chip or tuning software. it does not run like crap and i dont have a CEL.

i do have a soft code but that doesnt turn on a check engine light.

i run a set of Mac fox unequal headers without a problem. well i have an exhaust leak but thats the mid pipes fault which will be replaced by a x pipe.

ok i already have a check engine light/ kinda stalling problem think my MAF needs cleaning though ...soo ...glad to hear it dont run like poo...i was more in the market for long tubes...anybody have fitment issues with fox long tubes on a auto?

fox longtubes arent really worth it. i've read you have to beat on some of the primarys to get them to fit. in a auto i'm sure it would be alot worse.

i really wanted to go the longtubes route but i found these shorties for dirt cheap and i can use them for next year

fox longtubes arent really worth it. i've read you have to beat on some of the primarys to get them to fit. in a auto i'm sure it would be alot worse.

i really wanted to go the longtubes route but i found these shorties for dirt cheap and i can use them for next year

dang...i have been debating short or long for so long its not funny...and im thinking since im getting the sportlines it will be low as heck and im not to worried about rubbing because i barley go over pot holes and never a speedbump....but with the 347 coming i want it to flow suffiently. will shorties be alright?

You'll be happier with shorties. You may get 5 less HP, but I had to beat on mine, remove master cyl, steering shaft, valvecovers and lift engine up 7 inches to fit my LT's on.. And in order to replace your starter, you gotta take the passenger header off.

You'll be happier with shorties. You may get 5 less HP, but I had to beat on mine, remove master cyl, steering shaft, valvecovers and lift engine up 7 inches to fit my LT's on.. And in order to replace your starter, you gotta take the passenger header off.

Had to do that when I had LT's on my z28. It sucked bad. Never again will I do that. Looks like there should be plenty of room to get shorties in there.

Two things I see in all this :)

One ... I'd order the correct header and just cap the fitting
It's always better to have options than not

Two ... LT's are not about peak power!
You will gain noticeable torque down low and at mid range

For a Sreet Car ... that is a good thing ;)

btw ... my comments here are with a focus on NA combos

Grady

Grady

Unless you go kooks, I have only seen 1 5/8 got 95/5's and 1 3/4 for foxes.. That would be my reasoning.

Grady

Unless you go kooks, I have only seen 1 5/8 FOR 95/5's and 1 3/4 for foxes.. That would be my reasoning.

well...... i wouldn't put anything on my car but a x so i think i will go ahead and go with shorties lol save where ever i can and im not worried about 5 hp lol im going to keep the a/c if at all possible and p/s when i build my stroker

well theres a few options available as far as not sacrificing horsepower or torque, you might want to look into a mid length header, now i know that 94-95 anything is hard to find but im sure there is a build it yourself header kit that you could modify to give you that midlength, since you are running sportline springs your stang is really squatting so the long tubes are definitely gonna be a problem as far as ground clearance, now with those midlength headers you can run Dr.GAS oval exhaust tubing and oval x-pipe, and then some low profile spintech race mufflers would give you all the ground clearnace, just wanted to throw that out there, Dr.GAS can be kinda expensive but its an option