HEADLIGHT PROBLEM

Mustie95

Feb 9, 2006
i got a 3.8 v6 95 mustang and my low beam light is not working... all my lights are working including my high beam... i tried changing my bulb but i noticed that there is only one bulb.. so i figured if my high beam works fine, and i only got 1 bulb each headlight, and my low beam doesn't work, the problem might be the connection.. but how?? what? and why?? also when I start my car there is no light on my gear shifter and my speedometer etc.. when i turn on my low beam they lights up and my two orange front light and rear red lights lights up as well.... WHAT do u guys think is wrong with my stang??? PLS PLS HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Mustie95 said:
i got a 3.8 v6 95 mustang and my low beam light is not working... all my lights are working including my high beam... i tried changing my bulb but i noticed that there is only one bulb.. so i figured if my high beam works fine, and i only got 1 bulb each headlight, and my low beam doesn't work, the problem might be the connection.. but how?? what? and why??

Just because your high beam works doesn't mean the bulb can be ruled out. The bulbs for the SN95s are dual high-beam/low-beams, so go ahead and change them... headlight bulbs are cheap, and it would suck to rewire your lights just to find out it was just the bulbs. If not, you have an extra pair for like $5-6.

also when I start my car there is no light on my gear shifter and my speedometer etc.. when i turn on my low beam they lights up and my two orange front light and rear red lights lights up as well.... WHAT do u guys think is wrong with my stang??? PLS PLS HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

That is completely normal. The gear indicator lights on your auto shifter bezel and the instrument panel lights don't light up until your lights are on.

Another problem could be your headlight switch. My headlights were flickering on and off after driving with them on for awhile, I replaced the switch and they're working beautifully again.

Thanks for that man... i'm goin to canadian tire today to get some bulbs.. hope it works. it's the first time that this happens to my car so i got no idea how the headlight works.. I thought high beam and low beam uses the same light bulbs..

Mustie95 said:
i've replaced the bulbs but my low beam still doesn't work? I'm so confused right now.... Pls help!!!!!
You missed something from jasonlee0704:

jasonlee0704 said:
Another problem could be your headlight switch. My headlights were flickering on and off after driving with them on for awhile, I replaced the switch and they're working beautifully again.

It's the same switch for V6, GT and Cobra, and that sort of problem is common enough in the 5.0 forums. The switch is known for overheating and causing flickering headlights and outright failures. I suggest you replace the headlight switch.

Ditto on the headlight switch. My headlights were flickering, and my dash lights would flicker. I replaced the headlight switch and problem solved. The downside is that it melted the plastic piece that it plugs into, and really tarnished some of the wires so I need to get a new plug as well since the wires wiggle loose since they aren't held in place anymore.

Mine did the same thing I had to get a switch from ford for 40 buks and it was an easy job. The only thing is the light switch knob looks hard to get off just pull hard and save the clip inside the switch and snap it on the new switch after installed and it wont pop off.