heat exchanger question

mikeyzx6r

Sep 10, 2010
buffalo ny
alright guys i recently purchased a 1996 cobra with a mmr900 block and a kenne bell blower.. the blower is running 8psi with water meth i would love to run more boost kenne bell says if i want to run more boost i have to use the torco fuel additive which i do not want to do is there any way i can get around this like possibly using a heat exchanger off a 03'04 cobra??

• Sponsors (?)

Do you know what your discharge air temps are? Meth / water injection can cool the intake charge by up to 150 degrees and raise the effective octane of the fuel by a few points, which could allow for significantly more boost if you tune for it. However, if you go this route, make sure you have some way of driving the car safely if the meth injection fails or is disabled for any reason. Several companies make kits that can detect faults in the system, but you'd still need to handle the fault condition in some way.

I plan on running meth as extra insurance when my build is finished, but I don't feel comfortable with relying on it to prevent detonation. Rather, I will use it to keep IATs down, and to raise the octane of my fuel for extra knock protection. Your tolerance for risk may be different, however, so don't take what I'm saying as gospel.