Roush Heat Extractor ?'s

lgndracer

Feb 21, 2004
Sumner, WA
I just pick up a new in box heat extractor hood for my '03. My question is how is the underside finished from Saleen? Is the who thing painted, or just the outer area and the center left unfinshed? Seems to me that if you painted the whole thing it would cover the Saleen label in the composite.

Thanks in advance

Mike

• Sponsors (?)

Leave the center section un finished.

pic17.jpg

Thanks guys. Both of those pictures look black. Mine is more of a "natural" color, and you can see the woven fibers. The top and the underneeth where you would paint appears to be a grey gelcoat.

When looking under the hood, does it look like the center has been painted black? In HazeGray's picture, I don't see the Saleen parts sticker. Was it painted over?

Mike

I know on the earlier ones (94 - 98) they made two different ones...mine looks like the ones posted in this thread, and is a nice, sturdy fiberglass. I have seen another car with one that sounds like what you describe, more of a fiber carbon looking deal. It was very thinner and more flexable, as a matter of fact the guy said he couldn't leave his hood up because it caused the hood to twist and warp. Maybe the made the same thing in the later model hood as well. As I recall his was left unpainted also.